Who won the last debate?

Who won the last presidential debate?

• Trump

Votes: 104 83.9%
  • Biden

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters
Both came off better than I anticipated. Trump in more control. Biden more lucid than I figured he would.

I liked how Trump called him out for being too much of a politician when Joe didn’t answer a question and instead tried to be folksy about families sitting around kitchen tables worried about bald tires.

Trump kind of bombed on the health care question. And I’m someone who doesn’t think health care is a right - but unfortunately a lot of entitled idiots do. So when trump just rambled how he’s gonna make it so much better but didn’tgive any details etc, it fell flat.

Joe killed Trump with his retort to the crime bill act. He was definitely prepared for that.

Ultimately I don’t think this debate changed anyone’s mind. And with an election this polarizing - I find it hard to believe there really are any undecided voters.

On healthcare Trump missed a great opportunity to say that Biden would offer gov't healthcare to people here illegally and how that shows that Joe will not stand up to the far left in his party. I wish he'd done that. Why they haven't hammered Joe more on that issue I have no idea

I was at the 35-7 thrashing of Miami at the Sugar Bowl. I still can't decide if that or the Arkansas game during the national title year was the best UT game I attended. Also up there was the Tony Robinson led whoopin of Auburn and Bo Jackson.
I wanted to go to NO, but was a broke college freshman ..... and the beat down they put on Auburn with cocaine Tony is still an all time top 5 for me

I only got to hear the first 50 minutes or so but up to that point I thought it was fairly even. Trump started poorly on COVID but then recovered some. I also thought he harped on the Biden family money too much. Biden had his issues as well. The Hitler reference was idiotic. He also tried to skirt around saying he would shut things down but that’s basically what he ended up saying without using those exact words. Maybe he isn’t talking about shutting down entirely but he was vague on that and people tend to assume the worst. I’ll have to watch the rest later.

Reactions: StarRaider
Clips of that video are already all over. I truly believe Biden killed him self on that one. Huge moment .

You can't tell people we are going to try to phase out your job then expect them to bend over....well at least the majority of them. There are always some that are "whatever you say" types.

I thought one of the more awkward moments of the debate is when Biden said "the Senate". There were about 5 seconds of silence and his response fell flat on his face. At that moment I could almost hear crickets chirping. That was really quite hilarious.

I thought Biden handled the last question about what do you tell people on your inauguration day that didn't vote for you? Trump was too busy reinforcing a last point that he only partially answered it. There wasn't a unifying comment except about success. I'm not sure it hit the mark when this was an opportunity to be gentle on this one moment.

Last edited:
You can't tell people we are going to try to phase out your job then expect them to bend over....well at last the majority of them. There are always some that are "whatever you say" types.

I thought one of the more awkward moments of the debate is when Biden said "the Senate". There were about 5 seconds of silence and his response fell flat on his face. At that moment I could almost hear crickets chirping. That was really quite hilarious.

I thought Biden handled the last question about what do you tell people on your inauguration day that didn't vote for you? Trump was too busy reinforcing a last point that he only partially answered it. There wasn't a unifying comment except about success. I'm not sure it hit the mark when this was an opportunity to be gentle on this one moment.
I agree with your last part, but even Bidens remark sounded like another canned statement from a politician. Turn on pretty much any final debate with that question and you'll pretty much hear the same thing.

Reactions: BreatheUT
How could anyone know how many undecided voters are out there
By understanding the current political climate coupled with their personal knowledge about the number of undecideds among their family, friends, and colleagues.

Trump should have taken a minute and said something like this:

"Four years ago I was elected 'to drain the swamp'. It's not been easy. The media, the tech companies, the FBI and a few career politicians in the Republican party have been trying to thwart me all along the way" (Then he should point towards Biden) "Folks, this is the swamp. You're looking at him. 47 years in gov't defines that. Do you really want to go back to the swamp? "

By understanding the current political climate coupled with their personal knowledge about the number of undecideds among their family, friends, and colleagues.

That sounds more like a wild guess rather than "knowing."

Reactions: AM64
That sounds more like a wild guess rather than "knowing."
I wouldn't call it a wild guess, I would call it an educated guess.
What would your guess be?
How does this election compare to other presidential elections in the percentage of voters still undecided 10 days out?
A lot more.
More.
About the same.
Less.
A lot less.

Remember, this is just your educated guess.

I wouldn't call it a wild guess, I would call it an educated guess.
What would your guess be?
How does this election compare to other presidential elections in the percentage of voters still undecided 10 days out?
A lot more.
More.
About the same.
Less.
A lot less.

Remember, this is just your educated guess.

I can't vouch for how educated my guess is but I think there are very few undecided voters. There're probably more people undecided on whether they'll even vote.

As for determining how many undecideds are out there, the answer is scientific polling and how many answer undecided. Your answer was crap

Reactions: AM64
I can't vouch for how educated my guess is but I think there are very few undecided voters. There're probably more people undecided on whether they'll even vote.

As for determining how many undecideds are out there, the answer is scientific polling and how many answer undecided. Your answer was crap
The undecided voters are the releunctant Trump voters. They don't want Biden at all but Trump keeps turning them off. If they haven't voted yet, last night only helped Trump. It didn't help Biden.

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL_79

Crap or not, we seem to have the same educated guess.

I agree with your last part, but even Bidens remark sounded like another canned statement from a politician. Turn on pretty much any final debate with that question and you'll pretty much hear the same thing.

Biden has been working on this I'm restoring the character thing. He has been an empty suit his whole life.

Biden did well at the start and first half. Trump came on strong and finished well.

I'll be generous and say Biden broke even at best the first half hour. He was obviously prepared for the Hunter questions, but really didn't field them that well. "Muh Russia!" really isn't resonating with anyone at this point.

Other than the children question, Trump beat him like a bad stepchild the remainder of the time.

MVP of the debate was Welker. When Trump isn't debating the moderator as well as Biden, he does well.

VN Store

Back