Who will redshirt

allvol123

Being able to redshirt guys and develop them is part of the process of moving from doormat to contender. I know some who will redshirt - E. Simmons, J. Lampley, Chris A.

Anyone have a full list?

I know Brandon Johnson off the top of my head. Gibbs maybe? I don't ever remember hearing his status about redshirting

Being able to redshirt guys and develop them is part of the process of moving from doormat to contender. I know some who will redshirt - E. Simmons, J. Lampley, Chris A.

Anyone have a full list?

Does John Mincey still qualify? It seems like he does and it would be nice to redshirt him since he was a 17 year-old freshman. I'm also curious about Savion Williams and the 2 freshman TEs.

I know Brandon Johnson off the top of my head. Gibbs maybe? I don't ever remember hearing his status about redshirting

That's a good question, if you sit out due to transfer, you should be able to simultaneously RS. QB Kasim Hill is in same boat.

The rule is 5 & 4. Five years of eligibility to play 4 seasons
The NCAA doesn't really care If it's for development, injury, or a transfer when a player redshirts.....

It gets tricky when you get into a Medical Redshirt situations.

There's the 6th year waiver. That's when you've lost 2 full seasons due to injuries beyond your control, like Kennedy is applying for.

Then there's the Medical Redshirt exemption.
I'm not certain how the bylaws are affected due to the recent change in allowing a player to participate in up to 4games and take a redshirt.
Generally a Medical Redshirt is for when a player is injured after having received limited playing time and they request that year not count against their 4 years of eligibility to play.
The 5&4 still applies(d) in this case.

If anyone has a link to current ncaa rules and bylaws I'd appreciate it.

VN Store

Back