Who starts at QB?

• Maurer

Votes: 139 63.5%
  • JG

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Shrout

Votes: 67 30.6%

• Total voters
Maurer is my thoughts. JT plays second half if we are up 3 scores.

Go Vols

I think Maurer gets the start if he is physically ready. Not only does he give us the best chance to win, but the more experience he can get down the stretch the better.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If I'm HC I start Shrout. He is competent enough and the most healthy. If we can win this game without using Maurer or JG that means they get another week to rest. We will need all 3 QB's to win enough to get to a bowl game.

Maurer starts. If healthy, I would expect all of them to play but JG will sit to heal. I would like to see Maurer and Shrout playing every game setting up to see who becomes the starter next year. Iron sharpens iron and I don’t want either one of them feeling like they are owed the spot going into next season.

Reactions: vols40
If I'm HC I start Shrout. He is competent enough and the most healthy. If we can win this game without using Maurer or JG that means they get another week to rest. We will need all 3 QB's to win enough to get to a bowl game.
I get your perspective, but I also think the Maurer needs as many live reps as possible and is the best option of the three for the rest of the season.

I get your perspective, but I also think the Maurer needs as many live reps as possible and is the best option of the three for the rest of the season.

Fact is Shrout is an unknown. Let him start to see if he can pick up where he left off from last week vs USC. If so, continue to play him. If not, then bring in Maurer.

Maurer isn’t our best chance or option for the rest of the season if he can’t play a whole game.

VN Store

Back