Who is your most UNDER appreciated Vol

Or Derek Barnett?

Jackson was good at Tennessee. But "best evah DL"? Not close. As you said, add Barnett to the list with Reggie and Henderson, Haynesworth and course, perhaps the best ever along with White, Doug Atkins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Shy Tuttle is the most under appreciated player imo.

How do we know? He's barely even played and has really only flashed at times. I tend to think it's the opposite.....he's very much appreciated and given credit for being an outstanding player (which I certainly think he has the potential to be) despite having done relatively little to date due to injury.

Shawn must have had a heck of an average yards per carry. He would get 1-3 snaps a game and would always get a huge gain or TD on at least one of those carries. He had several runs of 30 or more yards and was super fast for a FB.

This is correct. He was the most underrated playmaker on that roster imo. I remember watching him and every time he got the ball I thought "this man needs the ball more!"

Reactions: 2 people
Shawn must have had a heck of an average yards per carry. He would get 1-3 snaps a game and would always get a huge gain or TD on at least one of those carries. He had several runs of 30 or more yards and was super fast for a FB.

I know he started at least one year at RB for the Detroit Lions and had a 1000 yard season, I believe

Nope, I was wrong. Bryson had one year with 591 yards and another with 606 yards. Still not bad for a fullback and a part-time RB

Last edited:
I know he started at least one year at RB for the Detroit Lions and had a 1000 yard season, I believe

Nope, I was wrong. Bryson had one year with 591 yards and another with 606 yards. Still not bad for a fullback and a part-time RB

He was pretty decent in buffalo.

Tennessee' QB and Safety when they beat the Hurricanes for massive Sugar. Others there that night worthy. That team was dogged like no other by the press and kicked azzz.

He was pretty decent in buffalo.

Yes, the year he had 591 yards was in Buffalo. He also had a 68 yard TD run one year in Buffalo and a 77 yard TD run in Detroit. Yes, I had to look it up. Still, not bad for FB on a team that had 2 RBs( Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry ) that had multiple 1000+ yard seasons in the NFL, each

I would love a Will Overstreet, defensive end. Someone who put his head down and worked quietly but would come up big in big situations.

After reading another post today I think we might have a chance at another Overstreet in Vickers. If he can come up with the big plays you reference it will be a big boost to the entire defense.

I enjoy Overstreet's commentary when he appears on the sports source on channel six sundays. Shazon Bradley too, I see him around Powell sometimes.

I'm wondering if Cory Vereen will be on this list with time. Still not sure we know or understand the impact he had because of the talent that was on the other side.

VN Store

Back