Who is your favorite Vol Rb...list 3 if you wish

You reading from history books or are you old enough to remember these guys?

My Grandpa talked about Beattie all the time. He always said he played like Jim Thorpe, they called him "Big Chief"
BF ended up Coaching College ball. I never saw him play though to answer your question. Just heard he's no Feathers a lot.

I can’t name just 3, too many to choose from.

Favorites -

Tony Thompson
Hubert Simpson
Greg Amsler
Travis Stephens
James Little Man Stewart
Aaron Hayden
Johnny Jones

The Best -

Jamal Lewis
Charlie Garner
Chuck Webb
Reggie Cobb
Travis Henry
Johnny Majors
George Cafego
Alvin Kamara
I can’t name just 3, too many to choose from.

Favorites -

Tony Thompson
Hubert Simpson
Greg Amsler
Travis Stephens
James Little Man Stewart
Aaron Hayden
Johnny Jones

The Best -

Jamal Lewis
Charlie Garner
Chuck Webb
Reggie Cobb
Travis Henry
Johnny Majors
George Cafego
Alvin Kamara

I should have added these guys to my initial list to begin with, all were great tailbacks coming out of high school that unselfishly made the move to fullback for TN. While not the flashiest, they all were steady and did a lot of things really really well to help the VOLS win games.

The underrated ....

Mose Phillips
Shawn Bryson
Troy Fleming

Reactions: jessiej86
James Stewart wasn’t as good as Cobb,Webb, Lewis and Henry, but he was as reliable as they come. Led the team in rushing his freshman year. Then lost a ton of carries to Charlie Garner for 2 years. Then led the team in rushing again his Senior year. He absolutely annihilated the UGA defense his Senior year with a 1st baseman playing QB.
Go to the 1:33:00 mark and check out the block the wr makes on Little Man’s td run.... lol

Tony Thompson “owned Bama”
Shawn Bryson “Owned Gators”
James “Little Man” Stewart played with a lot of heart

Go VOLS

Reactions: ArdentVol
Webb
Lewis
Henry
These are the best I’ve seen.
My favorites are probably Stewart for his reliability and Stephens for some huge moments in some big games.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Travis Henry, Curt Watson, Johnny Jones are favorites with a nod to Pete Panuska for bringing speed to his role of mop up back in blow out wins.

Henry, Webb, and Lewis were the best 3 I have seen play at UT.

The Best: Cobb, Webb, Lewis
My Favorites: TD Tony Thompson, Greg Amsler, Mose Phillips

Charlie Garner
Tony Thompson
Chuck Webb

Charlie Garner: because I was the exact same size as him at the time and he could do things that seemed unreal.

Tony Thompson because size didn't matter. He was going to score and he wanted it more than any defender.

Chuck Webb - Simply the perfect Running Back. Cut, Power, and Speed. You better grab him or he's gone.

TS, The Cheeze, and Hurd is the best overall in my book to play the position at UT. He was the most entertaining to watch run in my opinion also.

VN Store

Back