Who is the greatest pro wrestler of all time?

Voting

• Sting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bret Hart

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Shawn Michaels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rowdy Roddy Piper

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • The Rock

• Macho Man Randy Savage

• Ric Flair

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Undertaker

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bunch of Young puppies in here

Tony "The Black" Atlas
Dusty Rhodes
Kerry Von Erich

I grew up with GA Championship Wrestling...THE birt place of Gordon Soley. And also Texas Championship Wrestling. There were some really good wrestlers there that I think moved into WWE and what not at the time.

Reactions: Juanita
Bunch of Young puppies in here

Tony "The Black" Atlas
Dusty Rhodes
Kerry Von Erich

I grew up with GA Championship Wrestling...THE birt place of Gordon Soley. And also Texas Championship Wrestling. There were some really good wrestlers there that I think moved into WWE and what not at the time.

With all due respect... Dusty is the only one of those three that would or should be in the conversation for GOAT. Atlas didn't have the mic skills or the ring skills. was just a strong man type. Kerry Von Erich had the charisma and an impressive skillset, but he was dumb as a bucket of rocks with no mic skills.

Buddy Landell and Dirty Dutch Mantell were always two of my favorites, but no way would they ever be in the conversation for GOAT.

Same with Hall & Nash. Loved them and they made probably the biggest impact in the business in my lifetime, but neither one would be considered for GOAT. I do believe that Scott Hall is the best wrestler for his size that ever hit the ring. IMHO, he is the greatest wrestler to never hold a major federation singles world championship. Brad Armstrong would fit in that category too.

Reactions: GordonC and Juanita
I'm just seeing this thread and haven't watched wrestling in eons. I know the poll is closed. Always liked Ric Flair. But I wondered: Why the hell wasn't Dusty included in this list???
He should be, but he probably wasn't a big enough star in the WWF/WCW era. Dusty was huge name in NWA in the 80s, as was Flair (the two of them together carried that promotion by themselves), but I feel like when the consolidation occurred in the 90s Flair continued to be a big name and Dusty not as much. Still a notable name, but not as big as Flair or others.

Flair vs. Dusty I think was the best rivalry/feud in professional wrestling history, bar none. They were such great characters and foils for each other, and played to perfection by the wrestlers themselves. There will never be anything else like that in wrestling, ever.

Thanks to y'all for catching that omission!! He may not have had the physique, but he sure had the championships and charm to prove his worth.

He should be, but he probably wasn't a big enough star in the WWF/WCW era. Dusty was huge name in NWA in the 80s, as was Flair (the two of them together carried that promotion by themselves), but I feel like when the consolidation occurred in the 90s Flair continued to be a big name and Dusty not as much. Still a notable name, but not as big as Flair or others.

Flair vs. Dusty I think was the best rivalry/feud in professional wrestling history, bar none. They were such great characters and foils for each other, and played to perfection by the wrestlers themselves. There will never be anything else like that in wrestling, ever.

Dusty transitioned to booker and producer almost full time around that time due to knee problems. He would still wrestle occasionally, and I think he did a program in TNA while he was booking there. But he just couldn't move like he wanted to anymore.

Flair and Dusty were big money in their prime. That was THE feud of the 80's to many of us who grew up in that era. I will never forget the four horsemen "breaking" Dusty's arm lol.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Dusty transitioned to booker and producer almost full time around that time due to knee problems. He would still wrestle occasionally, and I think he did a program in TNA while he was booking there. But he just couldn't move like he wanted to anymore.

Flair and Dusty were big money in their prime. That was THE feud of the 80's to many of us who grew up in that era. I will never forget the four horsemen "breaking" Dusty's arm lol.
Ric and Dusty's feud was before my time (I was a very little tot in the late 80s) but glad I get to enjoy it through YouTube clips. The promos are 10x more entertaining than the actual matches. You had to be able to talk into those days to make it, I guess because there were more wrestling promotions than today and you had limited time to say/do something that was attention-getting.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Growing up watching Midsouth wrestling I always liked Hacksaw Jim Duggan and also the Moon dogs and of course Lawler.

But Flair is the GOAT IMO.

If you are a geezer from Chattanooga you might remember Pistol Pez Whatley and Tojo Yamamoto. Tojo would knock your ass out with his wooden shoe.
Gypsy Joe and Tojo Yamamoto. Tojo and Harry Thorntons back and forth through the years of my childhood were hilarious. The Fargo brothers and a young Bobby Eaton along with the start of the Fabulous Freebirds were highlights of my youth in the Chattanooga wrestling scene.

Reactions: lookoutmtn17

I was shocked when a camera caught Dusty and Flair taking in a Bulls game together. How dare they

I don’t know how you measure relative levels of toughness with those boys. I don’t think Ron Wright ever acknowledged any sort of pain. I knew him in real life. I don’t know how to compare guys.

VN Store

Back