Who is Tennessee’s Left Tackle?

I know there have only been 2 spring practices, but I’m wondering how that will sort out. Still can’t believe both Wanya and Jahmir transferred. Jahmir, especially. He was finally going to get his shot to be the man there.

I saw RJ Perry is up to 325. Maybe he can be the guy.

He could be 450 and the size is not what you need at LT. At LT especially if your QB room is full of right handers, you better have somebody at that position that has great quick feet. Pretty much that position is going to be blocking the opposing defense's best speed rusher most of the time.

He could be 450 and the size is not what you need at LT. At LT especially if your QB room is full of right handers, you better have somebody at that position that has great quick feet. Pretty much that position is going to be blocking the opposing defense's best speed rusher most of the time.

Perry is 6-6. If he were still under 300 lbs., that would be light for his frame. For a LT, at least. But you're right...you need all of those qualities. Tall, long arms, strength, quickness, AND size.

The fact that all of those qualities are required is why good LTs are such a commodity. That, as the fast they protect the blind side of the most important position in sports.

I think Perry was recruited as a guy who wasn't a highly sought after DL, but whose athleticism parlays well into a LT. Pruitt may have projected this one well. Let's hope.

I would love to see Omari Thomas move over offensive side of the ball.
I like his defensive potential vs learning a new position basically starting over ala Pruitt.

Don't discount intelligence, balance, and anticipation for a LT. We've seen guys with ideal measurables fail at that position repeatedly.

Reactions: LittleVol and tbh
I know there have only been 2 spring practices, but I’m wondering how that will sort out. Still can’t believe both Wanya and Jahmir transferred. Jahmir, especially. He was finally going to get his shot to be the man there.

I saw RJ Perry is up to 325. Maybe he can be the guy.

Wright at LT, Calbert at RT or vice versa

One of my favorite signees ever. Love his attitude and aggressive play. I truly don't have a "horse in the race" when it comes to other positions. But I am pulling for this guy big time.

247 Sports lists Spraggins as a guard.

VN Store

Back