Who is easier to replace: Gray or Ben'ed'icto Arnol'doo'doo?

Always the RB. They are a dime a dozen and more often a product of scheme and OL play.

"The great" Emmitt Smith hardly produced better than his counterparts, for instance, they just had a dominant OL and great passing attack to balance.

Won't be able to replace Toots right away imo. Mitchell may be a decent replacement, time will tell.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Doesn't matter to me. They will always have the stench of cheating on them. I'm sure they'll both be very successful in their new programs, where they apparently don't care about such trivial things.

Someone who wants to be here will step up and take their place. And I'll cheer even more loudly for them.

This is going to sound stupid because there's no tangible proof of it, but to me Evans looks like an NFL quality back. I loved Gray as a back, and I think Evans gives more versatility.

I had no idea who this thread was about, but the posts gave me insight.

Its like @Johnnyreb#VFL said, they were part of a team that went 3-7. We sucked covering the slant. We couldn't get off the field on.3rd down. It's not all his fault, but he has to share some responsibility. I wish him luck, but he wasn't great last year for us.

Gray, to be brutally honest, is a rb. They are the easiest players to replace, recruit and stock pile. We are in really good shape at RB imo. Oddly enough, CJP recruited those very well.

I think RBs are always the easiest to replace. However the entire year Volnation was so mad at our secondary for not covering the slant but I was disappointed the entire year with our LB play. Henry especially. He’s responsible for that on several levels so we will see if it’s any better now. Henry just never seemed to get us in the right spots and he seemingly always chose the wrong side to cover himself.

Eric Gray would make this team or most any other a better team regardless of whatever depth you have at RB. He's a top tier player and a difference maker. Henry T leaves a hole but he didn't prove up to this point that he was much above average.

Not sure it matters I think we'll hear before this is over that neither had an option to stay due to NCAA issues.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
How y'all out here sweatin' over a RB & LB when we lost our lifetime QB?!?!

Jk of course, I know Eric took over the Indiana bowl game and won it for us. I can't think of a game where Henry was enough of a difference maker to decide the outcome. So I would say Gray might be harder to replace. But hey they both were part of losing teams and apparently also got us in trouble, so nothing good should happen to either one of them really.

I think both are replaceable and have been replaced. I was a big fan of Henry T his freshman year. When Bituli left, I expected Henry to step up and be the leader. The defense definitely regressed along with Henry T. I think Gray had some great games and great runs. I think both of them were part of a very unhealthy program that needed to be cleansed.

I think our OLine will improve and if they're solid in the run game D.Beckwith will be a force to be reckoned with especially late in games. I liked Gray but feel he was uncomfortable due to role in the violations and left because of that. HT read the run game well but decent passers could go right at him with success.

I don't see a huge drop-off.

Good or even average RBs are a dime a dozen. Hard to find good or even average LBs that are SEC capable.

VN Store

Back