Who for Offensive Coordinator and Why

Which of the Two Candidates for OC

• Total voters
get the guy best for recruiting and move on. the O will still be in the hands of CPF when we're done, so at least cover the recruiting angle.

I'd like to see clawson, but i'll support whoever we get for a while....

Wow, already planning on eventually not supporting our new OC. :banghead2:

I'm down with Clawson. I want to take a chance on someone relatively new.

Not disagreeing, but I'd like to see some kind of stats or something about DeBord's poor offense at Michigan? Just from memory, what's cost Michigan conference championships the past few seasons is a poor defense. I found online in my searching that he has been the OC for 5 seasons at Michigan, during 2 stints, and includes 2 cconference championships and 1 national championship. He's coached the all-time passer in Michigan history (Chad Henne) as well as NFL qbs Brian Griese and Tom Brady. He's coached Michigan's all-time top 2 rushers... Anthony Thomas and Mike Hart.... as well as 3 receivers that put up 1,000 yard seasons routinely. Not bad for an anemic offense.

DeBord's past merits can only win so much, that's like bringing up stats from Fulmer's previous years on here. I am only really concerned with the past 2 years he's been UM's OC. Same with Cut. I am only judging his stint here from 06-07... not his time here before Ole Miss.

Again, I might be a little critical of this hire because it is "a safe hire" for Fulmer... aka a familiar setting offensively. I'm a bit worried about that. Again, I like Cutcliffe as a Coach (both QB and OC) but I found our offense very very inconsistent game to game. I saw a similar trend statistically with UM. DeBords offense didn't even put up 100 yards against OSU. They did, however, score 3 points and make 8 first downs. They were flat against Oregon. I wasn't impressed with anything I saw on the field having to do with that team except for the UF game. I'm just really skeptical.

EDIT: While Tom Brady did go to UM in DeBord's tenure, you can't possibly credit him with Brady's success. Brady almost went undrafted. Brady = product of Belichick. Brady /= product of DeBord

Cam Cameron would never come here anyways, he is a good OC, and he will have a job in the NFL.

DeBord's past merits can only win so much, that's like bringing up stats from Fulmer's previous years on here. I am only really concerned with the past 2 years he's been UM's OC. Same with Cut. I am only judging his stint here from 06-07... not his time here before Ole Miss.

Again, I might be a little critical of this hire because it is "a safe hire" for Fulmer... aka a familiar setting offensively. I'm a bit worried about that. Again, I like Cutcliffe as a Coach (both QB and OC) but I found our offense very very inconsistent game to game. I saw a similar trend statistically with UM. DeBords offense didn't even put up 100 yards against OSU. They did, however, score 3 points and make 8 first downs. They were flat against Oregon. I wasn't impressed with anything I saw on the field having to do with that team except for the UF game. I'm just really skeptical.

EDIT: While Tom Brady did go to UM in DeBord's tenure, you can't possibly credit him with Brady's success. Brady almost went undrafted. Brady = product of Belichick. Brady /= product of DeBord

Lest yee forget that Henson was there also!

Henson = Superstar!

Clawson. Let's be honest -- we need something to get excited about. Does DeBord actually excite you? Clawson may be worse -- but I'll certainly be giving him benefit of the doubt. DeBord doesn't get that -- and he won't from most fans.

This would really be the best of both worlds for UT. Keeping Fulmer for stability while bringing in a hotshot OC to break the monotony. These will appeal to all types of recruits and give the fanbase something fresh to get excited about.

VN Store

Back