Who does the freezing temps favor?

Sorry but living in Wisconsin I get a chuckle from this thread. ;) I go out and run in sub zero with windchill all the time. It’s life here. Your body just adapts. People walk their dogs with things on their paws when it’s 10-15 degrees without windchill. Welcome to our life. 😎

Lowest Temperatures

The lowest temperature ever recorded in the United States was -80 degrees Fahrenheit (-62 degrees Celsius) on January 23, 1971 at Prospect Creek Camp, located near the Arctic Circle along the Alaska pipeline. This is not much warmer than the -81.4 °F record low for North America that Snag in the Yukon dropped to on February 3, 1947. On that extremely cold February day, Tanacross Alaska reached -75 °F.
The lower 48 states of the US hit their official coldest temperature of -70 °F on January 20, 1954 at Rogers Pass, Montana. The pass sits at 5,470 feet (1,667 metres) elevation in the Rocky Mountains, northwest of Helena.

I hate cold and windy, especially the wind.

Sorry but living in Wisconsin I get a chuckle from this thread. ;) I go out and run in sub zero with windchill all the time. It’s life here. Your body just adapts. People walk their dogs with things on their paws when it’s 10-15 degrees without windchill. Welcome to our life. 😎
My body isn't adapted to this! I'll take a hot game over cold any day.

It's not going to be "that" cold, in the 30s, the condition of the field (due to rain, snow, and cold) will be a bigger factor than the temp.

WRoSWGWTNMTW (whether rain or shine we're gonna whip them no matter the weather, or something like that).

JG has played in those harsh Jersey winters. He once threw 19 TDs in a Northeaster.

Hot or cold, rain or snow, our Vols will be screaming go, go, GOOOO!!!

Throw the ball or run it, they'll move the chains and they won't even notice if they're doing it in the rain.

Our Vols are on a mission and have only 1 goal and tonight they WILL become qualified to go to a Bowl!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Mjewell
Snowing in Como.
Will be freezing temps.
They are more of a cold weather team but Knox has had some cold lately.
Will JGs injured hand hurt more in the cold?
Will receivers on both teams wear gloves?
Is running game even more important because of the brutal cold?

Cold will favor the ground game IMO. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win this game. Gotta use the run to setup play action. Hopefully we can establish the run. Ball gets heavier and flies less in extreme cold weather.

And whichever team doesn't have to kick longer field goals as often.

Cold will favor the ground game IMO. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win this game. Gotta use the run to setup play action. Hopefully we can establish the run. Ball gets heavier and flies less in extreme cold weather.
I think Tennessee MUST throw the ball effectively and efficiently to score on offense. Not likely to have success running the ball vs Mizz’s DL/front 7. We’re gonna need some chunk plays tonight to move the ball and get in the end zone and I think JJ, Callaway and even Palmer touching the ball often gives us the best chance to do that...don’t see any 15 play 75 yard drives on the ground tonight. Jmo.

Last edited:
^hardo

Don't be such girls. This wasn't cold. If you've ever played... around 40 degrees is almost ideal.

VN Store

Back