Who does Butch hire to beat bama?

Shoops D was on the field a lot today. Honestly the offensive play calling is rather predictable

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
You've gotta be kidding. Bob Shoop's defense has given up 390 yards rushing with 12 minutes left in the 4th....and it's a trend we've seen all year, as our defense has gotten worse in every single category....but you're starting a thread about replacing an OC that called a game last week that led to nearly 700 yards offense, at the same time our defense was giving up 600 yards and 45 points. Alrighty then.
Half the starters on defense are injured lmao... We are on third string at some positions on defense and you want to criticize them? They kept us in the game during the first half.

You've gotta be kidding. Bob Shoop's defense has given up 390 yards rushing with 12 minutes left in the 4th....and it's a trend we've seen all year, as our defense has gotten worse in every single category....but you're starting a thread about replacing an OC that called a game last week that led to nearly 700 yards offense, at the same time our defense was giving up 600 yards and 45 points. Alrighty then.

Shoop has adjusted in the second half keeping us in the game while our offense has been fortunate enough to come back. Deboard does not know how to score in the first half. He can only score if his back is against the wall. This game, we had 11 rush yards in the first half. How many deep balls??? We are down by what 21? What does he do? He runs it up the middle when they are daring him to throw. It was weak and was not going to win the game. Also, maybe if he throws the ball for a 1st the D won't be on the field all day for them to score. Rant over.

Only one man can beat Bama, Peyton.

Deboard is NOT ever going to beat Bama. He stinks. He has to come from behind in any win cause he can't get ahead and stay ahead. App state, Ohio, struggles. Run run pass punt. And that pass will probably be for 4 yards on 3rd and 15.

Also, Dobbs doesn't look at his options. He looks at one person and passes it. Doesn't matter who is open. O line doesn't give him enough time, but hey pass the ball north and south. That one back shoulder in the 1st quarter to Jennings was obvious interference, not called. It was the only pass over 10-15 yards attempted by Dobbs all game.

Lastly, why haven't the Berry twins been on the field till today? Only special teams. They are now Jrs. Play makers need to be on the field. This is embarrassing once again.

Dobbs didn't have time to look at his options down field. That was one of the most pathetic OL games ever played by Tennessee. That is where you can trace the vast majority of problems on offense. The thing is that you could say the same thing every year Butch has been coach. But he hasn't learned. This is a LOS league. Until and unless we get more physical up front, I don't care who we have as OC. They will struggle.

And I am not defending DeBord, either. I think his game plan sucked today. I am just saying that the foundational problem is line play.

We likewise aren't physical enough on the other side of the ball.

couldn't agree more. been saying it since last season.

You can say it till the cows come home but you might as well wrap your head around the fact this is Butch's offense.. Firing Debord will NOT matter unless Butch is willing to give up control of the offense, hire a top notch OC and let him run it...

I don't think Butch will do that..

Reactions: 1 person
Shoop has adjusted in the second half keeping us in the game while our offense has been fortunate enough to come back. Deboard does not know how to score in the first half. He can only score if his back is against the wall. This game, we had 11 rush yards in the first half. How many deep balls??? We are down by what 21? What does he do? He runs it up the middle when they are daring him to throw. It was weak and was not going to win the game. Also, maybe if he throws the ball for a 1st the D won't be on the field all day for them to score. Rant over.

Deboard also wants to run the ball not around but up the middle between the guards over and over. Its one thing to spread the field then run it up the middle. Its another to do it so much the opposing D is waiting on you...and you end up 3 and out.

You are watching different games than me. The defense has sucked way worse than the offense IMO.

Butch will never beat Bama. He can't beat any of the good teams in the west.

It's not the scheme, it's the attrition and who he has to utilize. Could a HS team win a College National title with Saban and his staff coaching? No. The talent after the starters is atrocious. A bottomless pit type of drop off.

We've been getting gashed since the opening drive of the opening game vs App State when we were fully healthy. We've been giving up big yardage plays both on the ground and through the air since the opening game vs App State, when we were fully healthy.

We're giving up far more yards and many more points per game this year under Shoop than we did under Jancek last year.

I was thrilled when we hired Shoop, I've been miffed all year as I've watched how poorly coached our defense appears to be and now I'm downright disappointed that he's leading our defense.

We've been getting gashed since the opening drive of the opening game vs App State when we were fully healthy. We've been giving up big yardage plays both on the ground and through the air since the opening game vs App State, when we were fully healthy.

We're giving up far more yards and many more points per game this year under Shoop than we did under Jancek last year.

I was thrilled when we hired Shoop, I've been miffed all year as I've watched how poorly coached our defense appears to be and now I'm downright disappointed that he's leading our defense.
The defense has played dam good ball considering all the injuries we have on that side of the ball. Please remember that basically half of our starters on D are wiped out. Also, you need to remember that they set up our only TD today, forced Bama to go three and out a number of times today, and kept us in the game until the second half. They simply got exhausted by being on the field all day and got gashed in the second half. This loss is on the offense, period....

Reactions: 2 people

Did Jancek ever deal with having half his starters out to injuries during a stretch of 4 straight top 25 teams? And we've been getting gashed since App State? Is giving up 13 points getting gashed? The offense is the one who doesnt start playing until the second half, and today they didnt play at all. Football requires offense and defense...... If the offense is going three and out all day the defense will eventually get gassed.

That's fair so I'll give you a serious answer:
Ole Miss
A&M

Also, we just got our butts handed to us beaten by 39 points. We also won the turnover battle this game I believe.

Play calls were spineless. Butch knows what he has to do.

Peyton for OC

I wonder if that is in the works and the logic behind hiring Debord. Butch knew this was gonna be the year to sniff 10 wins or win the east. Debord is basically a placeholder.

You can say it till the cows come home but you might as well wrap your head around the fact this is Butch's offense.. Firing Debord will NOT matter unless Butch is willing to give up control of the offense, hire a top notch OC and let him run it...

I don't think Butch will do that..

Take a PR hit and hire Art Briles for a season.

I say yes, but the holier than thou crowd would lose their minds

I didn't know not wanting a guy that had no problems letting players assault women is being holier than thou.

Jesus what an awful opinion

Dont agree, our D has helped keep the W on the scoreboard. Jancek choked

VN Store

Back