Who do you WANT to play in a bowl game against?

we are not the same team now that lost to Pitt and Florida! and no matter what anybody says to the contrary, we did not lose to Ole Miss! No matter who we draw, they will not want to play us! and we will kick their ass!

Taking out the contractual obligations, likelihood of matchups, etc etc. If you could hand pick the bowl-eligible team you would like us to bowl against this year, out of conference of course, who would you pick?

Personally, I would like us to square off with Michigan State. They’ve had an incredible year from a record standpoint, and will likely finish 10-2, but they’ve really only accomplished one respectable thing, and that’s beating Michigan. The rest of their schedule has been against scrub teams, and Ohio State just absolutely deflated them.

Beating them would look REALLY good on us and likely propel us into the Top 25 going into next year.

My option B would be Penn State.
Michigan State is probably not an option with the number of losses the Vols have. Penn State; on the other hand, could very well be a possibility.

Penn State, since we owe them! Since my son is a student at Michigan, that would be fun, but impossible since they are ranked highly.

The best team we can beat and look the best beating them as in recruits...come to Tennessee! I am thinking a team that does not score often and who our defense can stop. Not sure anyone can stop our offense. My concern is us stopping a pound your azz and wear out your D team.

Another running QB? Really? 🤣
They’re overrated and the easiest top ten team to knock off. They’ve played nobody at all and you’re scared? You’re one of those that wanna drop bama and leave the sec too ain’t ya?

I really like that pick. Quavaris Crouch would be on the other side of the ball when we are on offense as well.

UNC would be a barn burner of a matchup with Howell at QB and Chandler at RB.
Plus we get to kick Ty's ass up between his ears.

So because of the conference tie-ins, it will be either a Big10 or ACC team.
So I’d go with Clemson, UNC, or Penn State.

I don't care really which particular team. I would like it to be a ranked team with a record of 9-3 at least so when we take them down by double digits, we end up the highest ranked 8-5 team. And I usually root for all the SEC teams in the bowl games, but I think this year, we need some of them to lose to help us get the recruits heads turning this way to the team that on the serious upswing. Go Vols!!

Per SI:

Dec. 31

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl

TIAA Bank Field (Jacksonville, Fla.)

11 a.m. on ESPN

Pick: UNC vs. Tennessee

Taking out the contractual obligations, likelihood of matchups, etc etc. If you could hand pick the bowl-eligible team you would like us to bowl against this year, out of conference of course, who would you pick?

Personally, I would like us to square off with Michigan State. They’ve had an incredible year from a record standpoint, and will likely finish 10-2, but they’ve really only accomplished one respectable thing, and that’s beating Michigan. The rest of their schedule has been against scrub teams, and Ohio State just absolutely deflated them.

Beating them would look REALLY good on us and likely propel us into the Top 25 going into next year.

My option B would be Penn State.

Florida. Or Pitt.

VN Store

Back