Who do you WANT to play in a bowl game against?

I donā€™t like our chances against Clemson, they are playing pretty good right now. I think we match up pretty good against Oklahoma

Surely, this exercise should include the bowl as well as the opponent.

Taking out the contractual obligations, likelihood of matchups, etc etc. If you could hand pick the bowl-eligible team you would like us to bowl against this year, out of conference of course, who would you pick?

Personally, I would like us to square off with Michigan State. Theyā€™ve had an incredible year from a record standpoint, and will likely finish 10-2, but theyā€™ve really only accomplished one respectable thing, and thatā€™s beating Michigan. The rest of their schedule has been against scrub teams, and Ohio State just absolutely deflated them.

Beating them would look REALLY good on us and likely propel us into the Top 25 going into next year.

My option B would be Penn State.
I know it can't happen, but I would pick florida.

Reactions: FlVols
No matter who we get I would like to see the Vols talk enough trash to get whoever it is riled up to play. Some teams go into a bowl uninspired, I would like to get a teamā€™s best shot. After Saturdayā€™s game, no offense intended towards SA, I would like to face a P5 opponent that is considered to have had a better season than us and would be favored to win. To make sure we get their best shot, have the team give them some bulletin board material along the lines of ā€œwe were expecting a more competitive opponent for our bowlā€, then go out and roughhouse whoever it is for the W.

If we're throwing all the rules out, I want another shot at Ole Miss.

Or better yet, Florida, if the interim can manage to beat FSU.
Two very interesting options. Think Miss can play a game without flopping?

A 7-5 or 8-4 Big10 team so Penn State or Minnesota. We would be able to end the season on a high note.

A little off topic but if IIRC if Florida and LSU win this week 13 of 14 teams in the SEC would be bowl eligible. I think Florida can beat FSU but LSU will have its hand full with Texas AM. Has that happened before in the SEC? IDK

Yeah people need to just calm down a bit on Clemson.

Clemson is overrated as ****. Their offense is a joke and they've beaten nobody of any value. Wake Forest?? AAMOF... the entire ACC sucks this year, IMO. ND is decent.

Clemson is overrated as ****. Their offense is a joke and they've beaten nobody of any value. Wake Forest?? AAMOF... the entire ACC sucks this year, IMO. ND is decent.

Theyā€™ve been playing substandard football for most of the season, but theyā€™re finding their stride right now. Thereā€™s still a lot of talent on that roster. Iā€™m not scared of Clemson bc their offense has been bad all year, but given a month to prepare for us Dabo would have them ready to play against us. Iā€™m saying that I donā€™t see this as an automatic W like I wouldā€™ve a month ago. This would be a very tough game.

Reactions: jeff1vol

VN Store

Back