Who do you want in a bowl?

I sort of think it will be Alabama vs Notre Dame. Alabama will lose to Auburn and the Orange Bowl would love a 10-2 Alabama team.

It can’t be. The Orange Bowl’s contract lays it out that (in non-playoff game years) it has to be an ACC team vs SEC/ACC/Notre Dame.

Where do you think UF ends up -- the CFP show on ESPN this week did not have them in a NY 6 Bowl

Cotton as an at large would make sense. They’d have to play this year’s required highest ranked Group of 5 team (at the moment, that looks like it would be either Memphis, Cincinnati, or Boise State).

If somehow they’re not (the only scenario I can think of is one requiring one SEC team in the playoffs and a Big 10 team or Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl instead of an SEC team), then the Citrus Bowl.

(There’s really a lot more factors at work here, though. For example: do 2 SEC teams make the playoffs or only 1? Is the third-highest ranked Big 10 team ranked higher than the third-highest ranked SEC team when it comes to the Orange Bowl’s selection?

I would also have to speculate on whether or not PSU loses to OSU, whether Minnesota beats or loses to Wisconsin, whether or not the Wisconsin/Minnesota beats OSU, and whether the lower-ranked team between a 2-loss Penn State and a 2-loss Minnesota would ve ranked higher than a 2-loss Florida.

For time’s sake, I’m just going the simplified route of LSU in playoff, the higher ranked team between Alabama and UGA in Sugar Bowl, and the lower ranked team between UGA and Alabama in Orange Bowl.)

Last edited:
I think Florida plays Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl

Cotton Bowl doesn’t work that way (and Kansas St isn’t even ranked). And either the Cotton, Peach, or Fiesta have to take the highest ranked Group of 5 team...and the Peach and Fiesta bowls are both hosting playoff semifinal games this year.

Just not some boring mid-level Big 10 team. I'd rather play Big XII or Pac 12.

Anyone else hate Jim Harbaugh here? The way he wouldn't support Solomons clearance after he'd already been on our campus for almost a year....His constant shots at SEC teams..His stupid glasses and khakis...

I'd love beat the crap out of Michigan this season in a bowl

VN Store

Back