Who do you have winning the conference tourney

Tennessee.You cannot be on this site and not pick the Vols.Other teams may be rolling as well,but,at tournament time,you have to go with your heart(if you have one).Orange all the way!

I don’t think the players on the top four teams are going to mentally get into this tournament. They are all on high seed NCAAT teams and may be looking ahead to the NCAAT. I’m going with a capable team that really needs it. Texas A&M.
Water is wet! BB players want to win! I will be completely shocked if TX A&M wins the tournament. Stranger things have happened.

UK or Auburn are the safe bets.. I see Tennessee winning a tough one on Friday, should at least make it til Saturday i would hope. They're just not as good away from TBA. Their luck in this tournament has been bad.
Disagree. The statistics are clear it is hard to win on the road in the SEC.
In fact, the NCAA statistical average says it is a little above 50%.
We are about the statistical average of 50% 7-7 So you could infer that we are AVERAGE.

Now, the devil is in the details
1) All of our losses are to NCAA Tournament teams
2) All of our losses are to teams who will be seeded 6th or higher.
3) All of our losses are to top 25 teams
4) Three of our wins (in the last 10 games) are against a 1 seed, a 2 seed and a 4 seed

Villanova 18 points - we were out classed! Nov 20th
Texas Tech - 5 points - really a one shot game Dec 7th
Alabama - 5 points - This was a toss up with 1 minute to go Dec 29th
LSU -12 points - No post presence Jan 8th
Kentucky - 28 points Jan 15th [It was one of those nights - we actually played pretty decent offense, but Ky was flat out ON!!!]
Texas - 1 point - This is a one shout game! Jan 29th

We are 9-1 since the start of February, 5 of those games are on the road : record 4-1
That lone loss I attribute to a big win over KY and poor officiating by the striped shirts.
I do not like to go back any further than that because Aidoo did not get any serious playing time until February!
The same argument could be used about BHH coming on and becoming a starter in February.
They bring the ability to bring different dimensions to the game.
I can't wait to see if we go 1-1; 2-1; or 3-0 in Tampa.
We have 4/5 freshman with NO tournament experience going into this weekend ... so, who knows what we will get.
They may handle it well. They may lose their lunch.
In any case, I am excited!

UT can't beat any of the other Big 3 away from home.

Ky wins it all

I don’t know what’s going to happen; however I love your logic.

KY lost at LSU, they lost at Aub, they lost at Ark and they lost at Tennessee.

Aub lost at LSU, at Ark and at Tennessee…..didn’t play at KY

Ark lost at Bama and at Tennessee among other places and didn’t play at Auburn or at KY.

Hence……..their “all” better at home.

Tennessee.You cannot be on this site and not pick the Vols.Other teams may be rolling as well,but,at tournament time,you have to go with your heart(if you have one).Orange all the way!
There is a difference between picking and cheering

Reactions: Reckoner84
Winning tournament would be great, maybe good for momentum but it demands a lot of energy that I prefer they save for THE tournament.

The "experts" always say the team with the best point guard play and the best defensive teams are built for the best tournament runs. Well, I don't know if Tennessee will ever be in a better position based on that criteria.

Vols.

Reactions: EasternVol
Vols have too many scoring droughts each game for me to feel confident. Then there is the UK factor. If the Vols win the thing, it's going to have to get hot/stay hot for 3 games. With this team's struggles in the paint, that means the 3 ball must be falling consistently.

Most likely to lay an egg during SEC tourny time:

1) Kentucky
2) Tennessee
3) Auburn
4) Arkansas

I’d guess 3 based on latest results. All 4 have talent

That was actually my ranking for the tourney this year. I don't think UK is as reliable as usual because they don't have the guys that take over every day game in and game out. I also don't trust them away from Rupp. Vols same - shooting woes scare me, but I think we have more players that can get hot offensively so I put them at 2. I think Auburn is more consistent as proven throughout the season and Arky is so hot they're practically on fire. I almost soiled myself during the 2nd half of our most recent game. If the game had 3 more minutes to go, we would've been in serious trouble....at home.

Reactions: Big time vol
I am always going to pick the Cats in the SECT. They have won it 31 times, with all other winners totalling 28, which is mind boggling. If it isn't Kentucky, bet on Auburn.

That was actually my ranking for the tourney this year. I don't think UK is as reliable as usual because they don't have the guys that take over every day game in and game out. I also don't trust them away from Rupp. Vols same - shooting woes scare me, but I think we have more players that can get hot offensively so I put them at 2. I think Auburn is more consistent as proven throughout the season and Arky is so hot they're practically on fire. I almost soiled myself during the 2nd half of our most recent game. If the game had 3 more minutes to go, we would've been in serious trouble....at home.
Tampa will be Rupp South. Blue always gets in. 💙

Nice collapse by A&M in regulation. They played so scared the last minute. It’s like everyone went into the locker room and switched their jersey with middle school kids.

I think Kentucky wins it all. I'll say this much, if we make it to Sunday I think the curse ends this year. I just don't have much confidence in beating a healthy Kentucky away from TBA. Should be a heck of a game though if we can get past MSU.

VN Store

Back