Who do you guys think

MississippiVol

Well, we all know who is going to hold down one DE spot, and that is Parys Haralson. IMO, he is a star in the making. If he can stay healthy, I think he will have a banner year. He is probably my favorite, because he is a Mississippi boy like me. :D At one DT spot will be Big Jesse. I'm not for sure about the other DT just yet. Last year, Greg began the season as the starter, but later lost out to J.T. If he doesn't get it, I would say probably Justin, with Greg and Tony getting a good bit of PT. Hopefully, Laron will continue to progress, and be in the mix as well. If Demonte qualifies, you can bet he will be in the rotation as well. I think at the other DE position, Jason Hall should get the nod, but you never know with Karlton being a senior next year. I think Karlton is a little better vs. the run, but Jason is a better pass rusher. I think Turk will be in there somewhere too. I really like what I saw from him last year. I think he will make us another good one down the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see Xavier, the "X-Man" get some PT as well. Personally, I don't look for him to be R'Shirted. I also left out Matt "Bam-Bam" McGlothlin at the other DT, although I heard that Coach Fulmer had suspended him recently. Bottom line, I think we have a great core of guys returning. I look for them to be more physical this year, and I think our pass rush should be improved as well. :cross: :cross:

Parys is a beast. Very glad he's one of our captains this year. He's impressed me every time he steps on the field. I hope he helps light a fire under the other playrs.

Big Jeese should also be a part of the action. He's going to put a hurting on opponents.

I agree about Karlton being a senior and maybe getting the nod but Jason Hall is a player and should get time.

I'm drooling over seeing Xaxiver Mitchell in a game. I think he's the real deal and he'll be impressive.

It should be a fun group to watch.

I totally left off Demonte....duh. I sure hope he gets the grades. Go Demon got those grades, man.

I agree about Parys being a captain this year. He has been a great leader, even when he was a freshman. I sure hope Demonte makes it. Even if he qualifies, he will still have to go through the NCAA clearinghouse

I think Haralson and Neal and ends with Harrell and Mahelona and tackles. I think Hall will get some good minutes and maybe Reynolds/McBride as well at end. Greg Jones should see plenty of minutes at tackle and Harris and McDaniel could see pt. I really like our depth on the d-line this year.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 17, 2004 6:15 PM
I think Haralson and Neal and ends with Harrell and Mahelona and tackles. I think Hall will get some good minutes and maybe Reynolds/McBride as well at end. Greg Jones should see plenty of minutes at tackle and Harris and McDaniel could see pt. I really like our depth on the d-line this year.

Yes, vol freak, I forgot about Antonio Reynolds. From what I have heard, the coaches say he can be a very good pass rusher. I too like the depth we have this year. I sure would love to see J.T. playing again this year. With the experience he gained playing at DT last year, I think he would have been All-SEC at least by the end of next year. I hate things worked out with Mondre like they did. He ended up being a very solid player for us.

Our d line is gonna be improved, IMO. They are still somewhat young and inexperienced in certain areas, but I think our line and front seven will be one of the best in the conference. It's the defensive backfield I'm more worried about.

Originally posted by orangetd88@May 20, 2004 2:09 PM
Our d line is gonna be improved, IMO. They are still somewhat young and inexperienced in certain areas, but I think our line and front seven will be one of the best in the conference. It's the defensive backfield I'm more worried about.

I think you are right orangetd. Allen is the only one I feel really good about.....and maybe Campbell.

VN Store

Back