Who do we pickup Wednesday?

Wednesday begins to late signing period, what used to be national signing day. I have seen the prediction that we pick up the 5 star OT from WV, but who else dodo we get? LB, DB WR? Or is there a big surprise coming?
For some reason I feel we get Toto tmmrw along with Wright!

Reactions: gunner
Just curious if anyone remembers Pruitt saying this year we "would be on top" with recruiting? Does anybody care or feel he should be accountable for that statement? Not trying to be a jerk...just curious if he is getting a pass on that? Whatever. Currently we are 15th w Rivals. After tomorrow it would be nice to move up a bit. I don't expect us to jump into the top 5....like Butch did early on....but I hope like heck we at least get into the top 10. Maybe too much to ask...but it was Pruitt who set the bar not any of us.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Just curious if anyone remembers Pruitt saying this year we "would be on top" with recruiting? Does anybody care or feel he should be accountable for that statement? Not trying to be a jerk...just curious if he is getting a pass on that? Whatever. Currently we are 15th w Rivals. After tomorrow it would be nice to move up a bit. I don't expect us to jump into the top 5....like Butch did early on....but I hope like heck we at least get into the top 10. Maybe too much to ask...but it was Pruitt who set the bar not any of us.
I get what your saying, but being on top doesn't necessarily mean you are the highest ranked by some recruiting site that spends maybe twenty minutes looking at the average kids film. We could have the best class in the nation for all we know. With the exception of Pappoe we hit on who we needed to and I don't think Pappoe comes down to Pruitt's recruiting. Also grad transfers really could be huge moving forward. Please no more Butch's class comparisons I won't even get into average ranking. I'll just say this do you really want back a guy who can't develop talent.

We all know we are getting Wright.. and we’ve known it for some time now.. I don’t expect anything tomorrow. Probably nothing exciting. It’s Darnell and some fill guys if anything. By now every team knows who they are getting.. on to 2020 and Pru has been killin it

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Hopefully Wright, To'oto'o, and Pickens and we add Green down the road, but it'll likely be Wright, Solomon, and Griffin. Which is ok I guess, but is still disappointing considering 2 weeks ago To'oto'o looked like he was going to be a Vol. Plus missing out on Bogle, Pappoe, and Eboigbe really hurt too. So missing out on another big time prospect at a position of significant need to Bama is going to make the day even more of a dud. Hopefully they can show some improvement this season though and the staff can pull in a top 5-10 class in 2020

2 transfers that are 5*s that aren't factored in. Count that and we're top 10.
Well done CJP and staff! Stellar from a 4-8 and 5-7 seasons!

Last edited:

How shall we hold him accountable?

Besides, he went out and grabbed Tee. I don't go for publicly shaming Pruitt, just want solutions and to get this thing fixed. The Tee hiring shows he knew we weren't doing well enough.

He knows first and foremost of shortcomings, we don't have to remind him.

Reactions: Scottt5
2 transfers that are 5*s that aren't factored in. Count that and we're top 10.
Well done CJP and staff! Stellar from a 4-8 and 5-7 seasons!
You can't rate those transfer as 5*, they've played and obviously have not lived up to their rating. Best they should get is 4*

You can't rate those transfer as 5*, they've played and obviously have not lived up to their rating. Best they should get is 4*

Solomon has been hurt. On Gibbs you have a point, but Solomon could still potentially be considered such. Were he coming directly from a JuCo he would again be a 5 star prospect.

5 star OT Darnell Wright 6'6 310
4 star FS Harris 6'0 180 4.5
3 star CB Dwayne Griffin 6' 170 4.5
3 star CB/PR Kenney Solomon 6' 170 4.3
'Good one and here's why these four would be a significant pickup: Since we can use bama's Pruitt-led D schemes as our reference base, let's figure that CJP wants a full mano-a-mano lock-em-down pass D, so that we've got one or sometimes a couple more fellas who can concentrate more on run-stopping. This (obviously...as in 'Duh!') requires super-stud, elite-type athletes at both safeties and at both corners (as you've posted we're more likely to pick up, Little Vol buddy). With a juggernaut offense with a nicely stocked Ol (C'mon Chaney) keeping our currently not-so deep D-line and LB squad fresh enough to finish during the final quarter, our boys can take a Clemson-ish approach to felling some giants (AKA bama and them dawgs). It's not the completed package, but long-ball stoppers and chain movers are a big ugly's best friends. If Coach Pruitt goes all-out for those upper tier OLs, Dls and LBs...a group that's building but not yet there in 2020...then maybe-just-maybe, with similarly or more successful recruiting, we'll start seeing a bona fide contender by '21 or '22. Plus. Let's also add to the formula the addition of Tee and Chaney. It'll get better, fellow Volnationals. Make sense?

'Good one and here's why these four would be a significant pickup: Since we can use bama's Pruitt-led D schemes as our reference base, let's figure that CJP wants a full mano-a-mano lock-em-down pass D, so that we've got one or sometimes a couple more fellas who can concentrate more on run-stopping. This (obviously...as in 'Duh!') requires super-stud, elite-type athletes at both safeties and at both corners (as you've posted we're more likely to pick up, Little Vol buddy). With a juggernaut offense with a nicely stocked Ol (C'mon Chaney) keeping our currently not-so deep D-line and LB squad fresh enough to finish during the final quarter, our boys can take a Clemson-ish approach to felling some giants (AKA bama and them dawgs). It's not the completed package, but long-ball stoppers and chain movers are a big ugly's best friends. If Coach Pruitt goes all-out for those upper tier OLs, Dls and LBs...a group that's building but not yet there in 2020...then maybe-just-maybe, with similarly or more successful recruiting, we'll start seeing a bona fide contender by '21 or '22. Plus. Let's also add to the formula the addition of Tee and Chaney. It'll get better, fellow Volnationals. Make sense?
👍🌅

VN Store

Back