Who do we add or lose before signing day?

The ESP (that's the early signing period, not my psychic sixth sense) will tell us a lot. Who signs early, who do we put off until February? The only reason to not let a kid sign early is you're looking to upgrade. And the only reason for a commit not to sign early is he's looking to upgrade. Hopefully all our big names sign early. I think we have a legit shot at Green and Evans, hope we have a legit shot with Malone. Doubt Malone signs early given how he's handled his recruitment. Probably going to make it harder to get him as more teams will make contact after the ESP.

As far as who goes, it's hard to say just because it's hard to know how coaches have evaluated players. They're not going by recruiting sites, they're using their own evaluations. The one I'd guess is gone, and not based on evaluation, is Darrell Jackson. He's stated before that he wants to play with HS teammate Joshua Farmer in college, and as far as I'm aware, we're not pursuing Farmer, who is committed to Florida State.

I'd love to add another OT, another pass rusher, and more DL, but who knows what the number crunch allows us to do?

Reactions: savannahfan
People-hurt-people-because-theyre-unhappy-GIF.gif

Reactions: HalfullVol
What have you seen the last 2 games that makes you think we are going to finish with a winning record? UT is playing bad on both sides.
I’m just getting tired of kicking the dead horse. Like, everything else is depressing enough. Quit making it worse, is the way I see it. Let the staff & athletic department do what needs to be done (if they can make the right decisions) and let it be what it is. I see no reason to pointlessly moan and groan about it. Enjoy it when it’s going good, be hopeful for the best when it’s going bad. Not a difficult concept.

I saw last year when we won out after the BYE week vs teams not named Alabama or Georgia

Led by Bituli, Taylor, Calloway and most especially JJ. There’s been nothing to suggest so far that one player is going to step up and lead like that. Much less 4.

Personally, I'd really like to see us add another quality QB for this class. We already have Salter, so maybe a pro-style guy?

Nah, that's not an important position. You can leave just whoever back there, while your highly touted recruits ride the pine and hold clipboards.

Drop:
Jay Jones
Darrell Jackson
Jordan Mosley
Blueshirt for Elijah Howard

Add:
Tiyon Evans
Tywone Malone
Nyland Green
Byron Young

I say this, except we lose Edwin White instead of Mosley. And I’ll be surprised if we get Young, but would love it.

I say this, except we lose Edwin White instead of Mosley. And I’ll be surprised if we get Young, but would love it.

I'll be surprised if we get Green or Young. Malone has better odds, but I can see him staying closer to home. Evans makes a ton of sense especially if the OL starts playing football in the second half of the season..assuming the OC actually makes the focus of our offense the running game.

We should be happy with a top 15 class with the way this season is going.

I really don't understand this narrative, at all.

In July, if you asked anyone what our record would be at this point, I think something in the 90th percentile of fans and just about every football analyst would say 2-3. Losses @ #3 UGA and #2 Bama, and then one of SC, Mizzou, Kentucky gets us.

Most would have agreed with the season ceiling being 6-4, and the absolute floor being 3-7. We're looking to be on pace for 5-5, which I believe the majority of fans would have expected and accepted.

Now, if we drop a game to Arkansas or Vandy we're well into an "underperforming" season, even with Arkansas not being the #14 team in the league that we expected. But losing to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation, and beating 2/3 teams in our current program tier doesn't equate to a bad season for me. We're an upset win over aTm, Auburn, or Florida away from having a better than expected year according to the FPI, any somewhat rational fan, and essentially every single football analyst.

I actually believe the majority of the 18 year old recruits we have understand this better than a good portion of folks posting on this forum, and I don't think we see many if any defections linked to our W-L ratio. It's like some of you have been asleep since 2008, or at least from 2017, and don't understand we are 1 year removed from losing 3 straight to Vandy and 2 removed from an equally disturbing 0-8 in SEC. Have some patience, do better at seeing the big picture, you'll thank yourself later.

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if we get Green or Young. Malone has better odds, but I can see him staying closer to home. Evans makes a ton of sense especially if the OL starts playing football in the second half of the season..assuming the OC actually makes the focus of our offense the running game.
But, we lead for Green. Not singling you out but I’m still not getting why people aren’t getting that. I’d agree with somewhat on Malone but he’s wanting to be a two sport athlete & I just feel we offer him more with both sports, imo.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I really don't understand this narrative, at all.

In July, if you asked anyone what our record would be at this point, I think something in the 90th percentile of fans and just about every football analyst would say 2-3. Losses @ #3 UGA and #2 Bama, and then one of SC, Mizzou, Kentucky gets us.

Most would have agreed with the season ceiling being 6-4, and the absolute floor being 3-7. We're looking to be on pace for 5-5, which I believe the majority of fans would have expected and accepted.

Now, if we drop a game to Arkansas or Vandy we're well into an "underperforming" season, even with Arkansas not being the #14 team in the league that we expected. But losing to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation, and beating 2/3 teams in our current program tier doesn't equate to a bad season for me. We're an upset win over aTm, Auburn, or Florida away from having a better than expected year according to the FPI, any somewhat rational fan, and essentially every single football analyst.

I actually believe the majority of the 18 year old recruits we have understand this better than a good portion of folks posting on this forum, and I don't think we see many if any defections linked to our W-L ratio. It's like some of you have been asleep since 2008, or at least from 2017, and don't understand we are 1 year removed from losing 3 straight to Vandy and 2 removed from an equally disturbing 0-8 in SEC. Have some patience, do better at seeing the big picture, you'll thank yourself later.

You mean posters who lose their minds in the game threads as soon as the opposing team scores or we have to punt might be overreacting? Noooooo......

I’m just getting tired of kicking the dead horse. Like, everything else is depressing enough. Quit making it worse, is the way I see it. Let the staff & athletic department do what needs to be done (if they can make the right decisions) and let it be what it is. I see no reason to pointlessly moan and groan about it. Enjoy it when it’s going good, be hopeful for the best when it’s going bad. Not a difficult concept.

Please explain how we the fans are making ”it” worse

Drop:
Jay Jones
Darrell Jackson
Jordan Mosley
Blueshirt for Elijah Howard

Add:
Tiyon Evans
Tywone Malone
Nyland Green
Byron Young

I've seen this quite a lot recently but why does everyone push aside Elijah Howard? I think he's a gadget guy that we don't really have anyone similar too on our roster.

Who knows who we will add seems positive for Malone who will play Baseball and really like Coach V. Nyland Green With that First name even though spelled different how can he play anywhere else. How this season finishes will make a difference. Overall love the Class so far. We have our consensus top 200 players but its the Miles Campbell, Trinity Bell, W Griffin Parker even Christian Charles great Athlete who plays QB huge upside. I for one hope we turn this year around finish this class and get started on the 22 Class which has a chance to be outstanding this Staff has made serious strides with these kids. IN CHRIST ALONE

We will lose 5 committed players not sure who. 2 will agree to be blue shirts.

We will add

Nyland Green 6'2" Corner 4*
Rod Orr 6'6" OT 4*
Tywone Malone 300 DT 4*
Jailen Weaver 6'8" 280 DE 3* Great Upside!
Smael Mondon LB 4*
Tiyon Evans 215 RB 4*

Class will finish 7th to 9th in the country.

We have to finish no worst than 5 and 5 to get this class.

Yeah, Mondon ain't coming to the Hill. Not sure if we're still pursuing Orr.

VN Store

Back