Who Deserves the Blame?

Yeah, I suspect he may actually be a good football coach. (Has he ever been a head coach anywhere?)
No. But at some point... every HC had never been an HC before.

Anyway, not sure I would hire him to be CEO of a multi-million dollar operation with lots of moving parts, based on his demeanor so far.
Effective CEO's come in different styles. You drew conclusions based on your particular perspective and biases. Ultimately HC's and CEO's are judged by effectiveness. Intelligence and confidence are exhibited by actions... not perceptions.

I was all on board for the hire and had high hopes. Still waiting. Maybe he'll grow in to it. We'll see.
I'll confess to liking his style better than Jones, Dooley, or Kiffin in addition to believing he knows the game better than at least Jones/Dooley. There really isn't such a thing as a "sure thing" hire. Even coaches who have been previously successful can fail. I've tried to learn the lesson of not pre-judging for or against.

I didn't "like" Jones' style... but I still hoped he would find a way to be successful. I pretty much couldn't stand Kiffin's personality... but hoped he would rebuild the program before bailing.

P.S. Butch is gone. And comparing Pruitt to him sets a pretty low bar. But whatever.
You are the one who brought up styles and perceptions. Jones was all about "image". The style comparison is stark regardless of whether JP turns the Vols around or not. Pruitt is a mule. Jones was a show pony. I like mules much better than show ponies.

Reactions: SKBubba

VN Store

Back