Who can beat us?

This doesn't look like a strong year in the SEC at all... South Carolina, in particular, is atrocious. Anything less than 14-4 in the SEC should be a disappointment, imo.
Oh I think we could easily lose 4 games in the SEC. Playing on the road in the SEC will be tough. Having said that I do think this Vol team has the factor that we can beat teams in several different ways. And I also think we are the class of the SEC but there's still plenty of talent in the SEC for sure....either way it will be fun...

Reactions: papatomany
No one will like having to play a SEC team in the the NCAA tourney. SEC will be extremely dangerous by then.
I only see 4 SEC teams in the NCAA tourney... Us, Kentucky, Auburn and Miss State. LSU, Florida, Missouri and Alabama will be bubble teams - but I don't think they are good enough based on what I've seen so far.

This is true. For example, on paper we are really much better than Florida... but I have no doubt that on Saturday night January 12th, their crowd will be rocking, they will get some calls, we probably won't shoot very well from the perimeter and we will find ourselves in a dogfight to the end that we could easily lose.
Doesn't matter, we own Fla. in bball just like they own us in foozeball.

SEC is not nearly as balanced IMO. Very top heavy. If we can control the tempo, our length is too much for Auburn outside. Kentucky played a lot more physical tonight but this is the softest UK team I've seen in awhile. We'll lose a couple we shouldn't but this team is incredible.

I say our next loss will be because we beat ourselves and miss free throws or get out rebounded
Tight games against Ky. Auburn & Florida but not be necessarily a loss in any of those games

Reactions: Vols All Day
That is such a dangerous question. We should win every game we play. We are just that good...and I love that I can say that. But we can lose to several teams if we play poorly.

If this team stays healthy they are a Final Four team. They’ve shown that they can hang with and beat the top teams in the country. I honestly believe that Tennessee would’ve beaten Kansas had Grant not fouled out. I want another shot at them for sure.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Any of the Top 10 could beat UT, but UT's defense is the key to any of thes games, Auburn and Kentucky.........depends. UT is doing so well on the road, I believe they can win these.

Oh I think we could easily lose 4 games in the SEC. Playing on the road in the SEC will be tough. Having said that I do think this Vol team has the factor that we can beat teams in several different ways. And I also think we are the class of the SEC but there's still plenty of talent in the SEC for sure....either way it will be fun...
Agreed. I think we're going to lose 2 in conference (no prediction of to whom we will lose; it could be almost anybody in the SEC). Great year if we go into the NCAA Tournament with less than 5 losses.

Reactions: tennrich1
don't like to puff out my chest too much...stay humble, work hard, and bring it every night...sure is nice though, huh...:D

GO VOLS!

Even more concerning is we are a Bone injury away from being a slightly above average team.
Couldn't disagree more. Bone is certainly worth a few more wins, as is GW, as is AS, as is KA. But, losing any of those four doesn't make us "slightly above average". This is a deep collection of quality players and CRB would adapt the style of play if any of those major pieces went down to injury. IMHO

Reactions: hUTch2002
The real problems will appear when Admiral, Alexander and Williams get in early foul trouble or late with the game on the line. That is why it is most important to get good bench play. I think some teams will put some bangers in there to try to get the fouls on William and Alexander. I know that is what I would do.

They better have a bunch, because their "bangers" are gonna get fouls too. O, by the way, those "bangers" better be able to score, because our guys will score as well as foul....

VN Store

Back