White Targeting "Offensive Minded" Coach

Elliott has to be my least favorite name on everyone’s list. No real experience outside of a loaded Clemson. No real test of coaching guys up and turning around a losing roster.
The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska. That said, look at Tom Allen. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more I have no idea.

Reactions: Bill4volz
Don't want to not put my one.cent(already lost the other one),Lane,with.Steele and Rodney Garner.as dl coach.Lane.did great against.all.comers,but,had no.defense.With Steele,you have a good DC,with Garner you have.a good do coach and a Great recruiter.Why not give that a shot?

The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska. That said, look at Tom Allen. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more I have no idea.
Total agreement with you here !!!

We are in a situation to rebuild an entire program, including the culture and Tom Allen will bring the culture you want in your program.
It starts with every single person being accountable to each other both on and off the field.
Living close to Bloomington and a fan of college football, I can tell you that I have been amazed by what Allen has done at IU.

And before you "Pruitt beat that guy in the bowl game" people show up, watch that game again.
If UT doesn't hit the lottery 3 times in a row in the last 3 or 4 minutes of that game, IU wins easily...they lead the entire game.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Elliott has to be my least favorite name on everyone’s list. No real experience outside of a loaded Clemson. No real test of coaching guys up and turning around a losing roster.

I think the guy “could” be a good one.

He has been around a great program. He knows what is needed for success.....both in players and coaching.

However......(big however)

How would someone like him do without the “team” around him?

How well would it be if he didn’t have all the 5 stars, all the other coaches and without Dabo?

This is what “would” excite me with say a Freeze hire (I know he isn’t coming...just an example). He and others like him have gotten it done through their coaching, their style and their own players.....who are not “Bama/Clemson” type players.

We easily saw what Pruitt could do once taken away from a loaded team.

I could get on board with Elliot.....but he wouldn’t be my first choice......or even my 5th.

Reactions: rkvdg
You guys don't want another coordinator who hasn't had a HC gig...but one w experience WINNING at a high level. Who would this be exactly? Which elite HC who has won big isn't already locked in somewhere? And would this person want to step into what's happening at UT? The only ones out there that fit this tight criteria are ones who have a bad history..like Art Briles or Freeze. They are available for a reason...and do u see UT bringing them on after these violations? There are head coaches who have fantastic records at smaller schools in much weaker conferences if that's what you want...but I assume that's not good enough for most of you. One guy that fits the winning at a high level in the SEC...with no baggage is Les Miles. Another is Malzahn.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005
Kiffin will not be contacted or hired. There is no way an intelligent AD takes the risk that he hires a coach that fails twice at the same location. It's really not a thing.

If he hires this Elliot bum then we revolt like we did with Schiano and we get another AD. This is the last chance for UT football we got to get this coaching hire right this time.
Your "revolt" means nothing, he's the AD and knows what he's doing, Elliot is far from a bum🤣 honestly the fans facebook posts didn't do **** for the Schiano deal it was the public figures that took care of that

I think the guy “could” be a good one.

He has been around a great program. He knows what is needed for success.....both in players and coaching.

However......(big however)

How would someone like him do without the “team” around him?

How well would it be if he didn’t have all the 5 stars, all the other coaches and without Dabo?

This is what “would” excite me with say a Freeze hire (I know he isn’t coming...just an example). He and others like him have gotten it done through their coaching, their style and their own players.....who are not “Bama/Clemson” type players.

We easily saw what Pruitt could do once taken away from a loaded team.

I could get on board with Elliot.....but he wouldn’t be my first choice......or even my 5th.

A coordinator would not be my first choice either, but Clemson has not always succeeded with top players, until the last few years. So, I think this argument I keep seeing is not totally true.

A coordinator would not be my first choice either, but Clemson has not always succeeded with top players, until the last few years. So, I think this argument I keep seeing is not totally true.

He has been the OC or co-OC since 2015
Clemson recruiting rankings:

2020 - 3rd
2019 - 5th
2018 - 8th
2017 - 22nd
2016 - 6th
2015 - 4th

Now tell us again how “this” guy hasn’t had great players.

Don’t get me wrong.....I’d get on board with this guy.......he has a big upside.

Just not sure how he would do in a “building” aspect.

I expect he will hire someone he has already had a working relationship with, someone he’s completely believes in. I look for either heupel or leipold. I don’t think he takes a chance on Elliot with no HC experience. Kiffin and Freeze not gonna happen. Bob Stoops ain’t coming either.

I expect he will hire someone he has already had a working relationship with, someone he’s completely believes in. I look for either heupel or leipold. I don’t think he takes a chance on Elliot with no HC experience. Kiffin and Freeze not gonna happen. Bob Stoops ain’t coming either.
I looked up both these coaches and hope you are wrong

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
If he hires this Elliot bum then we revolt like we did with Schiano and we get another AD. This is the last chance for UT football we got to get this coaching hire right this
If he hires this Elliot bum then we revolt like we did with Schiano and we get another AD. This is the last chance for UT football we got to get this coaching hire right this time.

How long have you known Elliot? I quess you know him pretty well to label him a bum.

Hambone Hamilton-fired after blunders of coaching hires and Pearl's transgressions.
Dave Dumbo Hart retired soon After Donnie Knoxville Tyndall aka Screech was forced out. He threw out the Lady Vol logo and was there for the Title 9 lawsuit and NCAA investigation. Also by the time he left a year before Butchie Brick by Brick Jones self imploded.
John Slick Currie was Fired in plane while coming home from coaching search trip after screwing the pooch trying to hire a football coach.
Phillip Hawghead Fulmer beloved TN character by many UT fans who won a NC was forced out after the discovery that Pruitt was boss of a staff buying players. It did not help he was not winning games.
I don't know if alumni and fans uproar over Schiano had anything to do with his rejection. I do know the Haslam's liked the guy and I cannot see how we would have been any worse off hiring the guy. The discussion that Schiano had knowledge of sexual abuse was bogus. People did not want a coach who failed so miserably after he left Rutgers. But that was his downfall
White's story has not yet been written but if he hires an up and comer or an assistant such as Elliot who fails they will fire his butt. And White's Daddy and brothers will not be able to help him. I like White he is a ND grad, I could care less about his time in Buffalo and UCF. I want him to win and to make ND proud of its product and for him to carry on the White family legacy.
A note I do not want his brother over rick Barnes.....

Hambone Hamilton-fired after blunders of coaching hires and Pearl's transgressions.
Dave Dumbo Hart retired soon After Donnie Knoxville Tyndall aka Screech was forced out. He threw out the Lady Vol logo and was there for the Title 9 lawsuit and NCAA investigation. Also by the time he left a year before Butchie Brick by Brick Jones self imploded.
John Slick Currie was Fired in plane while coming home from coaching search trip after screwing the pooch trying to hire a football coach.
Phillip Hawghead Fulmer beloved TN character by many UT fans who won a NC was forced out after the discovery that Pruitt was boss of a staff buying players. It did not help he was not winning games.
I don't know if alumni and fans uproar over Schiano had anything to do with his rejection. I do know the Haslam's liked the guy and I cannot see how we would have been any worse off hiring the guy. The discussion that Schiano had knowledge of sexual abuse was bogus. People did not want a coach who failed so miserably after he left Rutgers. But that was his downfall
White's story has not yet been written but if he hires an up and comer or an assistant such as Elliot who fails they will fire his butt. And White's Daddy and brothers will not be able to help him. I like White he is a ND grad, I could care less about his time in Buffalo and UCF. I want him to win and to make ND proud of its product and for him to carry on the White family legacy.
A note I do not want his brother over rick Barnes.....
man ur dum as a rock

VN Store

Back