White and UT could use any OU Smoke to our advantage.

Personally, I think LSU is screwed. Napier went to UF, other hot coaches just signed new contacts, and Riley is off to the West Coast. And I don’t think Fickell is an SEC guy, he will hold out for a a big 10 job.

Stoops leaving KY is probably their best shot
LSU would be better off keeping coach "O" imo. He just needs to tweak his staff somewhat. O must have peed some top boosters off.

I know there are some current players that will bolt, but are there any recruits that we can pouch? WR?

Personally, I think LSU is screwed. Napier went to UF, other hot coaches just signed new contacts, and Riley is off to the West Coast. And I don’t think Fickell is an SEC guy, he will hold out for a a big 10 job.

Stoops leaving KY is probably their best shot
Mario Cristobal to LSU. You heard it here first .

You left out Kiffin.

Why would Kiffin leave Ole Miss for LSU? The expectations at LSU are 10X what they are at Ole Miss. He just won 10 regular season games for the 1st time in school history. If I'm Kiff, I stay put, win 7-10 games per year and maybe catch lightning in a bottle every few years.

Stoops isn't leaving Kentucky, unless brother Bob comes calling. And even then, he likely will say no. Kentucky has historically been a doormat program, Stoops has given them a tablespoon of success, for which the UK is eternally grateful. Stoops knows the UK and fans would lick his rump to keep him there, they'll fight for him. Stoops will hang around until he does, or it is slammed home he can't get the UK to at least an SECC. Then, and only then, will he entertain offers elsewhere. His stock would be a mile and half high if he brings them that far. It's a case of Stoops and the UK telling each other, "I need you."

HOWEVER, there is a scene that would and probably will change. When OU is in the SEC, and if they are clambering for him, he'd jump. Figuring he'd have a better chance to making the championships with OU than UK.
You honestly thinks Stoops wouldn’t leave UK for LSU?

You honestly thinks Stoops wouldn’t leave UK for LSU?

If I'm being honest, I honestly think that. And there is no law against thinking. Least that what my dog says, and he does have a lawyer degree you know. He even got a cat off for mouse murder. But he insists I can think without any legal consequences. I had the same thunk too. Stoop is going nowhere at this time, but that will change if he gets UK in an SECC game. Honestly.

1638206704974.png

Heupel just needs to tweet something along the lines of:
“ALL F#CKIN’ VOL!! LET’S RIDE!! WGWTFA!!”
If Heupel tweets “We’ve accepted a invitation to the _________Bowl against __________. #WGWTFA” he will instantly become my favorite Vol coach of all-time.

Whether OU contacts Heupel or not, this could be good for UT.
Just let the UTAD Public Relations Department put out this statement from Heupel:
“My family and I are flattered by any attention or speculation about the coaching vacancy at my alma mater.
And even though I have fond memories of my time there and think it’s a great opportunity,
I already have the best job in college football right here at the University of Tennessee where we are building future championship teams. Go Vols!”

Media would say…Wow, Momma called and Josh said, that’s ok Mom, I’m good.
Strike "flattered". Makes him look like some kind of weenie. I wanted to say pussy but you can't say pussy on here.

You left out Kiffin.
If it were Kiffin he would have been named already. The USC thing happened with Riley so fast after his OSU loss that I don't think he and LSU were ever in serious talks. Who was reporting that anyway? Wouldn't surprise me if it's been Aranda all along.

Why would Kiffin leave Ole Miss for LSU? The expectations at LSU are 10X what they are at Ole Miss. He just won 10 regular season games for the 1st time in school history. If I'm Kiff, I stay put, win 7-10 games per year and maybe catch lightning in a bottle every few years.
A competent coach could walk into LSU and knock Saban off his thrown in 2 years. Heck even Coach O was able to win a natty at LSU. It's a dynasty waiting to happen.

Reactions: onevol74
You are naive. If OK comes sniffing, he will do what any smart person does, and uses it to negotiate a better contract with us. Even if he isn't interested. And you would do the same at your job if you could.
of course. white gets it

complete speculation, but IDK how spiffy CJH is on OU. Yeah he played there and was an OC, but his former head coach got him fired/released with support of the AD I think because Bob Stoops wanted to keep his brother in at DC. Bob Stoops seems to still have real clout at OU and the same AD still runs the school…just food for though.
nuff said (He'd probably be embarrassed to call CJH)

I don't like the timing of it. Two weeks before signing day and we're talking about Heupel to OU. They need to give him a raise and get this deal squashed fast. I don't like early signing day for this reason. It's the silly season when coaches are fired and job hop... Needs to go back to Feb 3rd or 4th and be done with it.

VN Store

Back