Whispers on Stokes' Top 3

cncchris33

This would be as big or bigger than getting Tobias Harris. Maybe, it could open some doors for us recruiting Memphis. I'm still not getting my hopes up to avoid disappointment, but it would be absolutely huge if it happens.
Agree. Stokes represents so much more of a coup than Harris was at the time, especially with nothing to base his decision in terms of on-court product. Tobias had 5 years to base his decision.

No1UtFanJmAn147

All Around Vol Fan
If I was a recruit that lived in Memphis and was recruited and wanted by Memphis, but wanted out... This is how I would do it. Graduate early and enroll in another school and not deal with everyone harassing ya.

PoochPunt3rdDown

Boom. +14. Moby Dick.
Not to overstate it, but given this is Cuonzo's first year and the shape the defensive genius Pearl left the program in, this would be the biggest recruiting get any coach has ever pulled at the University of Tennessee.

alumvol08

If I was a recruit that lived in Memphis and was recruited and wanted by Memphis, but wanted out... This is how I would do it. Graduate early and enroll in another school and not deal with everyone harassing ya.
That's exactly right. I just don't see why he wouldn't have already committed, living in Memphis, unless there was a chance he wasn't going to go to Memphis.

alumvol08

Not to overstate it, but given this is Cuonzo's first year and the shape the defensive genius Pearl left the program in, this would be the biggest recruiting get any coach has ever pulled at the University of Tennessee.
It would be up there. Especially considering the rise of both Memphis and UK.

It's hard to do because in certain circles in the basketball world in Memphis they see it as turning your back on your family. What if they fail and have to come back to the neighborhood?

It's pressure.

PoochPunt3rdDown

Boom. +14. Moby Dick.
Tobias Harris is a tremendous representative for Tennessee. One of my favorite all-time players even though he played for a year. Just pure class.
I can't help but think Stokes spending some time with him has been a big part of his renewed and recently elevated interest in UT. Tobias could be one of the best recruiters we have...

Last edited:

ITSGR82BATNVOL

Most passionate fan base
This would be as big or bigger than getting Tobias Harris. Maybe, it could open some doors for us recruiting Memphis. I'm still not getting my hopes up to avoid disappointment, but it would be absolutely huge if it happens.
Bigger IMO, knocking down a door we have been beating on for years and years, and actually getting an elite player from the heart of Memphis (that they want) could have long lasting positive results. Even if we don't get Stokes, CCM has done a hell of a job here, and you have to like our chances in the future, as he has more and more time to build relationships with kids.

VN Store