Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

My father bought be a bottle of Jefferson's Presidential Select for my birthday. It's actually a wheated bourbon that was one of the last whiskeys that the Stitzel-Weller distillery produced. I'm afraid when I open it, I'll just drink right through it.

image_200710416403030504.jpg

agreed good choice

Technically it is. Bourbon has to contain at least 51% corn mash or higher. Otherwise its whiskey.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Real bourbon is from Kentucky. I believe the original standards were that it had to come from Bourbon county. They are making "bourbon" in New York now. I just can't acnowledge it as such.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Real bourbon is from Kentucky. I believe the original standards were that it had to come from Bourbon county. They are making "bourbon" in New York now. I just can't acnowledge it as such.

That's true Golf. To be recognized as Bourbon it has to come from Kentucky. Only good thing to ever come out of that state. Well that and Ashley Judd.

I really like wheated bourbons. but have yet to try pappy van winkle. anyone here that has?

Yes. The 20 is the smoothest, bestest bourbon I have ever tasted, and that's saying something. I don't drop $200 on a bottle of liquor often--the one in my cabinet right now was a gift--but if anything is worth it, Pappy is.

I also like your Basil pick. If I'm going upscale, that's what I buy.

I usually drink Black Label Jack. Makers is the bourbon of choice here, but honestly, it isn't my favorite. Both it and Woodford have a floral flavor that I don't particularly like. I'm of the opinion that sweet, smokey goodness should be the overwhelming taste in a whiskey, and that's a pretty recurring theme in Jack, Basil, and Pappy.

Yes. The 20 is the smoothest, bestest bourbon I have ever tasted, and that's saying something. I don't drop $200 on a bottle of liquor often--the one in my cabinet right now was a gift--but if anything is worth it, Pappy is.

I also like your Basil pick. If I'm going upscale, that's what I buy.

I usually drink Black Label Jack. Makers is the bourbon of choice here, but honestly, it isn't my favorite. Both it and Woodford have a floral flavor that I don't particularly like. I'm of the opinion that sweet, smokey goodness should be the overwhelming taste in a whiskey, and that's a pretty recurring theme in Jack, Basil, and Pappy.

I think we have similar tastes. Try Elmer T Lee. I love it! And it's not expensive. The man himself still hand selects the barrels.

Not a scotch fan.

When it comes to Bourbon though...my main go to is Maker's. I also do Gentleman Jack, Jack Black, and Woodford. Had some Old Forrester the other night and it wasn't bad - I'd try it again. A guy I work with swears by Elijah Craig - I tried some and it was fine but I still prefer Makers.

Not a big fan of Wild Turkey or Knob Creek.

Had some Pappy's one night at a whiskey bar (in a flight with 4 other brands). It was smooth but I was pretty tanked by then so I didn't really evaluate it.

Not a scotch fan.

When it comes to Bourbon though...my main go to is Maker's. I also do Gentleman Jack, Jack Black, and Woodford. Had some Old Forrester the other night and it wasn't bad - I'd try it again. A guy I work with swears by Elijah Craig - I tried some and it was fine but I still prefer Makers.

Not a big fan of Wild Turkey or Knob Creek.

Had some Pappy's one night at a whiskey bar (in a flight with 4 other brands). It was smooth but I was pretty tanked by then so I didn't really evaluate it.

Maker's and Woodford are both solid bourbons.

Since you mention wild turkey, I ordered some shots the other night of SoCo and lime, and they were out of SoCo. so she brought me Wild Turkey and lime, and it rather sucked.

I like Kentucky Gentleman though I havent drunk much bourbon, and ideas for me to try at a fair price (bourbon that is)?

VN Store

Back