Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Smokey1210

Never in my life have had Crown Cask, guess you gave me something to look forward too. Thanky

image_200710416403030504.jpg

Woodford, Old Forrester (don't knock it until you've tried it), and 40 creek are all my favorite.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I also like Basil Hayden. The best value, hands down is W.L. Weller made by Buffalo Trace distillery. It's a solid bourbon at an unbeatable price.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Mostly a scotch drinker. Cragganmore and The Glenlivet 15. If i'm drinking bourbon it's either Woodford or Knob Creek.

Last edited:
I really like wheated bourbons. but have yet to try pappy van winkle. anyone here that has?

I also like Woodford, its a good bourbon at a reasonable price comparitively,.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, it has become the official (sponsor) bourbon at the KY Derby and several other big events in the state, so people are becoming more and more familiar with it, even though its one of the 5 oldest bourbon distilleries in the state.

A company I used to work for sent me to China and Japan quite a bit, and anyone who has interacted with them in a business setting knows that it is customary to take gifts with you when you go. Those dudes loved some WF Reserve.

what rp said.

Gentleman Jack is Good.

Funny story about that. The other night I was a bar and a guy comes in and orders "A Shot of Gentleman Jack." He goes to the bathroom and comes back to find that they bartender had brought him a shot of Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. The dude was like "WTF is this?" The bartender said "You wanted Jim and Jack".

Long story short, they actually had an argument about it and the guy ended up leaving. Strange stuff.

I really like wheated bourbons. but have yet to try pappy van winkle. anyone here that has?

Never tried it but a local bbq joint has a bourbon club and its on the list. $45/shot. Went there after a buddy's engagement dinner. We are regulars and when they found out he was getting married, the bartender gave him a free shot of Pappy. He said it was the best bourbon he's ever had. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and order it.

Never tried it but a local bbq joint has a bourbon club and its on the list. $45/shot. Went there after a buddy's engagement dinner. We are regulars and when they found out he was getting married, the bartender gave him a free shot of Pappy. He said it was the best bourbon he's ever had. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and order it.

i hope he didn't just throw it back.... :pinch:

VN Store

Back