Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Parker’s Heritage Collection is coming along. Excited to open Promise of Hope

Attachments

• D2A9AD64-E8C2-4D6F-A91D-06D0E09BB574.jpeg
    D2A9AD64-E8C2-4D6F-A91D-06D0E09BB574.jpeg
    994.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: GSD82
🤤
2 shots of famous grouse
Juice from half a squeezed lemon
Tbsp of honey
Dash of simple syrup
3 cloves
cinnamon stick
Top w boiling water and stir

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Here's a mystery for y'all. Found this in Columbia yesterday, I've never heard of Kern 12 Year Old and neither has the internet. The Kern brand belongs to Teeling, other than that I can't find a single trace of this 12 yr old release. The website is useless. Any other Irish Whiskey fans out there that have crossed paths with this stuff?

Kern Irish Whisky

20201218_0953555 (1).jpg

I am trying mine tonight, I’ve heard purple top Willett would you agree with that? I got 2 bottles traded one for Weller 12.

Definitely like it better than Weller 12. The nose is fantastic. Some similarities with purple too, but compared with the few I’ve tried it’s something totally different. I really enjoyed it

I just got 2 from a group pick, the one I tried last night was the Frugal pick.

What can you all tell me about Little Book IV? I’ve never had it. I won it in a raffle
A34102B9-8C35-455F-BC48-AE71231B2B1B.jpeg

What can you all tell me about Little Book IV? I’ve never had it. I won it in a raffle.

I've got an unopened bottle. I think I read it wasn't as good as past years, but I've never had any Little Book and have only had one Booker's in general.

Alright folks, need some input.

I’m in a secret Santa whiskey exchange. Rules are minimum $100, but we’re allowed to gift multiples to exceed the minimum, if needed. The guy I drew has an extensive collection. Better collection than I have based on his Facebook pics.

I’m planning to send 2 bottles from my stash as I can’t find much better locally and most of my best finds are from out of town. Also, the wife won’t let me spend on this exchange as I have so many lol. His request is something barrel proof/cask strength and something harder to find. One bottle I’ve decided to send is a 14.5 year Knob Creek Barrel Proof store pick. Need help deciding on the 2nd bottle.

Options in my arsenal that I don’t see in his Facebook pics are:

- Noah’s Mill
- Peerless Small Batch
- Four Roses Single Barrel OBSV Distillery Pick

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I’m in a secret Santa whiskey exchange. Rules are minimum $100, but we’re allowed to gift multiples to exceed the minimum, if needed. The guy I drew has an extensive collection. Better collection than I have based on his Facebook pics.

I’m planning to send 2 bottles from my stash as I can’t find much better locally and most of my best finds are from out of town. Also, the wife won’t let me spend on this exchange as I have so many lol. His request is something barrel proof/cask strength and something harder to find. One bottle I’ve decided to send is a 14.5 year Knob Creek Barrel Proof store pick. Need help deciding on the 2nd bottle.

- Noah’s Mill
- Peerless Small Batch

Thanks I’m advance.

Can’t go wrong with a 4🌹 Pick

Reactions: MEDVOL
Starting to look in bourbon.....Been reading articles, but figured I would ask Volnation as well:

What are some good bourbons for beginners to try?

What traits do you look for in a good bourbon?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and help.

Merry Christmas -- Go Vols :)

Starting to look in bourbon.....Been reading articles, but figured I would ask Volnation as well:

I've been trying to get a good friend into bourbon. I've started him off on Four Roses Small Batch and Buffalo Trace. Seem to be good starters. Woodford Reserve and Elijah Craig Small Batch would be some other good entry level options IMO.

Reactions: GA VOL

- Noah’s Mill
- Peerless Small Batch

Thanks in advance.
I’m not a fan of Noah’s Mill myself. Four roses would be my vote

Last edited:
Reactions: MEDVOL and GA VOL

Any Woodford especially the Double Oak and their wheat. Elijah Craig small batch. 1792 small batch and full proof. New Riff. All those are readily available and under $60

Reactions: GA VOL

GA Vol? Is that you?

I recommend beginners buy airplane bottles. Inexpensive way to sample some basic whiskeys. Feel free to report back and we can give you the low down on each one.

Get ones that will have obvious taste differences, a wheated, a rye, maybe a bonded or higher proof that won’t knock your socks off, then maybe a single barrel. Evan Williams single is a good one to try as a beginner. It’s affordable and generally pretty good.

Last edited:
I recommend beginners buy airplane bottles. Inexpensive way to sample some basic whiskeys. Feel free to report back and we can give you the low down on each one.

Get ones that will have obvious taste differences, a wheated, a rye, maybe a bonded or higher proof that won’t knock your socks off, then maybe a single barrel. Evan Williams single is a good one to try as a beginner. It’s affordable and generally pretty good.

I bought a small bottle of Chattanooga Whiskey Straight Bourbon (I figured I would start with them since they are just right up the road local). Will try tonight and writing down all these other options :)

This is a good idea. I think most of the ones we’ve mentioned can be found in airplane size.

VN Store

Back