Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Laphroaig 10 yr. Cask or for "everyday" Ardbeg 10
Russell's Reserve SB
High West Rendezvous Rye

What are people paying for the Elijah Craig barrel proof? Total Wine shows $53 which may be unrealistic most places.

What are people paying for the Elijah Craig barrel proof? Total Wine shows $53 which may be unrealistic most places.

$60 is a good deal. $53 is phenomenal. I bought my last bottle at the distillery for $75. I’ve seen it several places for $100

Springbank 15... what a gem, especially for the price. Had it in Chicago last week for 12 a pour, and nabbed a bottle in Indiana the next day for 60 bucks.

Cracked this for the first time tonight. Unlike anything I've ever had in a good way.

download_20200309_190902.jpg

Did you drink from the bottle while driving?

Totally....I'm a wild and crazy guy.

source.gif

I like bourbon and I like scotch but I'd step over both of them for a good Irish whiskey. Redbreast 15 is my current every day drinker.

Did a little shopping today. Anyone tried the E.H. Taylor small batch bottled in bond? It was an impulse buy.

My son is bourbon crazed and he says that EH Taylor is his favorite. I'll take his word for it, I'm an Irish Whiskey guy... Redbreast 12, Teeling and Jameson of course. Gave myself a bottle of Midleton Rare for Christmas, might be a good time to sample that now.

Midleton Rare.jpg

Reactions: BilboTN and ffemtp
My son is bourbon crazed and he says that EH Taylor is his favorite. I'll take his word for it, I'm an Irish Whiskey guy... Redbreast 12, Teeling and Jameson of course. Gave myself a bottle of Midleton Rare for Christmas, might be a good time to sample that now.

View attachment 265948
Sounds good. Looking forward to trying it. I do like Irish whiskey too. The Redbreast is great and I bet the Midleton is very good too. I do like Jameson and have been drinking a lot of Bushmills Red Bush lately

Reactions: HoptownVol
Did a little shopping today. Anyone tried the E.H. Taylor small batch bottled in bond? It was an impulse buy. View attachment 265921

I’ve been hunting for a bottle of EH Taylor, but no luck so far. I snagged a bottle of ER a week or two ago.

A got bottles of McKenna 10, Johnny Drum, and Old Grand dad bonded while I was out today.

Last edited:
Ardbeg is a lot like Laphroaig if you’ve had that. Smokey, briny, peaty, not quite as much of an iodine taste. The Islay scotches are starting to grow on me

Thanks. I like Laphroaig and was going to pick up a bottle soon. Will get this instead.

This got me started drinking scotch. Which says something bc up until the day I tried it I hated all whisky.

Oban 14 is delicious and Monkey Shoulder is a good blended.

Attachments

• 2EB07A65-0EDA-4452-8438-4C317A7000BE.jpeg
    2EB07A65-0EDA-4452-8438-4C317A7000BE.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ffemtp

VN Store

Back