Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

I think the price tag/demand sully the taste. It's still a good mash bill.
Tag and demand can definitely do that. I really just don’t get anything special out of it. I like to look for signature flavors and evolution and it’s just boring in all phases. Would rather sip on Basil Hayden’s.

Just finished off my Knob Creek rye 100, by oak fire in the pit, listening to old English youtubes. Yes, wife is out of town and my nickname is oddward. 😁

Reactions: golfballs
Just finished off my Knob Creek rye 100, by oak fire in the pit, listening to old English youtubes. Yes, wife is out of town and my nickname is oddward. 😁

Okay, have to ask, what exactly do you mean by old English YouTubes? Like recordings of people speaking Old English? Or like readings of Beowulf and Piers Plowman? Or old episodes of Dark Shadows and Fawlty Towers? Or Beatles songs?

Saw Col. Taylor small batch and straight rye yesterday. Either worth a try? Small batch was $46 and the rye was $75. Seems overpriced but pretty rare to come across that stuff around here. They have BT for $30 and one bottle of Blanton's for $110 so the pricing is a bit uneven to say the least.

buy on the small batch, if it is still there. It is one of my favorites. Retail is $40, but I'll buy it when I see it for $50, too. I have not tried the straight rye yet, but $75 sounds fair for it.

Hard pass on Blanton's at $110.

Okay, have to ask, what exactly do you mean by old English YouTubes? Like recordings of people speaking Old English? Or like readings of Beowulf and Piers Plowman? Or old episodes of Dark Shadows and Fawlty Towers? Or Beatles songs?
Speaking Old English. There is a really good one of The Lord's Prayer, another pretty good one of The Wren and the Wildcat, and some of Beowulf also. Just huddle by a fire in the dark, drink some licquor, and play some Old English.

Reactions: pismonque
Speaking Old English. There is a really good one of The Lord's Prayer, another pretty good one of The Wren and the Wildcat, and some of Beowulf also. Just huddle by a fire in the dark, drink some licquor, and play some Old English.

That’s really weird. I like it.

Link?

Well, i just google how did old english sound, and it takes me right to these videos. Play the Lords Prayer one first.

But i feel bad sidetracking your whiskey thread. I am thinking of getting some Aberlour this weekend for Robert Burns Night, the 25th. Is that worth it, or is something else in that price range preferred?

Reactions: golfballs
Well, i just google how did old english sound, and it takes me right to these videos. Play the Lords Prayer one first.

But i feel bad sidetracking your whiskey thread. I am thinking of getting some Aberlour this weekend for Robert Burns Night, the 25th. Is that worth it, or is something else in that price range preferred?
This is Summer Eve’s thread

How do you like the McKenna? I have the same Wellers, its good. I'm trying my best to find the CYPB but can't find it
Really like the McKenna. Was never a big fan but the BnB is very nice.

I actually really love the EW BnB too. Lots of charcoal, which honestly, I don’t get in many other bourbons. Hell of a buy for $15-17

Reactions: volfanjustin
Really like the McKenna. Was never a big fan but the BnB is very nice.

I actually really love the EW BnB too. Lots of charcoal, which honestly, I don’t get in many other bourbons. Hell of a buy for $15-17
I have always heard good things about the McKenna, I have only seen it once lately and passed on it now I regret that decision.

A lot of the liquor stores around here are really pushing New Riff for some reason, if you haven't tried it I highly recommend. I have the single barrel and straight bourbon but haven't tried the rye as I'm usually not much of a rye fan

Reactions: Smokeytom
I have always heard good things about the McKenna, I have only seen it once lately and passed on it now I regret that decision.

A lot of the liquor stores around here are really pushing New Riff for some reason, if you haven't tried it I highly recommend. I have the single barrel and straight bourbon but haven't tried the rye as I'm usually not much of a rye fan
I’ve heard good things about it, but have not seen it here in AR. Will definitely grab it if I come across it!

I just tried New Riff and it wasn’t bad, but didn’t think it was anything mind blowing. Was a bit hot. I got to try Kentucky Owl the other night and thought it was pretty good.

If y’all get a chance try out Rock Town Bourbon. Only bourbon made in Arkansas and I was pleasantly surprised. All the ingredients are from Arkansas. Sweetness of the corn comes thru nicely. Very young bourbon. Excited to see what they come out with in the future. Avoid their Vodka though!

Anybody tried this? I’m curious, but that price tag is kind of steep to roll the dice on.

Attachments

• 5D281684-6C31-461B-BAF3-9CDF22C9FA0F.jpeg
    5D281684-6C31-461B-BAF3-9CDF22C9FA0F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33

VN Store

Back