Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

If any of y'all are interested and in the Knoxville area, my restaurant KTown Tavern, is running a whiskey special until the ~25 whiskeys are sold out. $4 if you pick, $3 if you let us pick for you. Includes whiskeys from $6/shot to $19/shot. As far as I know, we've only finished 1 bottle off of the original list and actually added 2 more to it this week.

didn't know about this place...will check it out....soon

Would it be taboo to mix Diet Coke and something like makers? Going to cut back on the beers this season

Not at all man.

I don't know why Woodford Reserve gets such high praise, it's truly harsh on the pallet. Give me Buffalo Trace or Makers Mark any day. FYI, Makers 46 is about as bad as Woodford Reserve. Though neither of the aforementioned are as harsh as Jim Beam Devil's Cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfannbama
Got a bottle of Wilderness Trail, a small ky distillery, its extremely smooth.

Looks like I’m going with the cheap chit
Have you tried Crown Royal? It's my preferred whiskey. My taste buds aren't very friendly with bourbons and Tennessee style whiskeys. I dont know if they char the barrels with those type liquors but they have a twang that I cant make myself enjoy.

I've found blended whiskeys are my go too. If your just looking to mix and drink then I wouldn't waste money on good stuff.

Have you tried Crown Royal? It's my preferred whiskey. My taste buds aren't very friendly with bourbons and Tennessee style whiskeys. I dont know if they char the barrels with those type liquors but they have a twang that I cant make myself enjoy.

I've found blended whiskeys are my go too. If your just looking to mix and drink then I wouldn't waste money on good stuff.
crown royal is for canadian trash

Reactions: volfannbama
has a lot of burn get ready, you should try Wild Turkey Longbranch.

Wouldn't say Woodford has a "lot of burn" but it's subjective I suppose. If you're looking for something that will put hair on your chest, give Booker's True Barrel a try. ;)

Wouldn't say Woodford has a "lot of burn" but it's subjective I suppose. If you're looking for something that will put hair on your chest, give Booker's True Barrel a try. ;)
I’m not looking for that. I need some poooooseeeee stuff. Really only drank beer over the last few years

Still pretty happy with a pint glass, five large ice cubes, water up to 1 1/2 inch from the top, and a generous shot of Bulleit.

Note: I drink everything at the same rate as if it were iced tea, so as lovely as the image is of periodic and judicious sips of whiskey, I’d be in a coma in about 15 minutes. 🤪

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I’ve just started getting into bourbon over the past year. So far I’ve tried:

Four Roses small batch
Woodford Reserve
Buffalo Trace
Makers Mark
Blantons

Of those Blantons is definitely my go to when I can find it. Four Roses is usually what I settle with though.
I’m wanting to try Jefferson aged at sea next.

Reactions: volfanjustin

VN Store

Back