Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

ReadCT

Workin' Like Heck
I am a simple man born in TN, so my everyday go to whiskey is JD Old No. 7, about $30 for a 1.750L when on sale

For occasions I have two favorite sippers: Strannahan's Blue Peak Single Malt Whiskey which I can get right from the distillery 1.5 miles from my home here in Denver at $37 per .750L, and Balvenie 14 yr Caribbean Cask Single Malt Scotch for just under $80 for a .750

I really don't like peaty scotch so the Balvenie aged in rum barrels hits the sweetness I prefer in my brown water

The best that has ever passed my lips was some Pappy Van Winkle 12 Year Family Reserve that my brother shared with me last time we were together. He has more money than sense

volfaninky

I am a simple man born in TN, so my everyday go to whiskey is JD Old No. 7, about $30 for a 1.750L when on sale

For occasions I have two favorite sippers: Strannahan's Blue Peak Single Malt Whiskey which I can get right from the distillery 1.5 miles from my home here in Denver at $37 per .750L, and Balvenie 14 yr Caribbean Cask Single Malt Scotch for just under $80 for a .750

I really don't like peaty scotch so the Balvenie aged in rum barrels hits the sweetness I prefer in my brown water

The best that has ever passed my lips was some Pappy Van Winkle 12 Year Family Reserve that my brother shared with me last time we were together. He has more money than sense
Then you would love Weller for 1/100th the price and especially since pappy is 2 wellers mixed together

MEDVOL

Remember the Alamo
Gotta agree that 107>12. They are very similar profiles but more heat and punch with 107, which I prefer. The 12 is definitely a smoother drink.

I've got a Full Proof I need to open some time.

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
what is the config for that Rock Industry 12g? Havent seen one with those mods. Very nice.
That's a stock VR14. Palmetto has them on fire sale for $299 + $100 rebate. I have a folding adapter on the way and will put a brace and light/laser combo on it. PSA also has 9 and 19 round mags marked down to $10. Grab them while you can!

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
That's a stock VR14. Palmetto has them on fire sale for $299 + $100 rebate. I have a folding adapter on the way and will put a brace and light/laser combo on it. PSA also has 9 and 19 round mags marked down to $10. Grab them while you can!
Thats pretty and a steal. I have to try out a clip shotgun. Right now Ill stick with my shockwave with federal mini buckshots and a crimson trace saddle. If I need more than that, I am in trouble already lol.

GVF

Absolut Orange
Got all excited. Came home last night and there was a bottle of Macallan Classic Cut on the counter. Come to find out my son bought that for his cousin for Xmas. Dang it. Then this morning I saw a receipt for Tennessse Legends. They have a store in cookeville. It was for a bottle of their 4 year bourbon. I’m thinking that one may be mine. Hope it’s decent. I’m not sure how I got that and the 22 year old cousin got Macallan. Kids these days. Lol. He could have got me a bottle of readbreast cheaper than that novelty bourbon.

VN Store