Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Drinkin Knob Creek Rye, 100 proof, by the oak logs on the fire pit. Listening to Old English Youtubes since bards are scarce these days. Who's with me?

Reactions: golfballs
Going back many years, I have always liked Seagram's VO and Crown. A few years ago, I tried a brand named Tangle Ridge and really liked it. To be honest, I don't know if Tangle Ridge is still sold, but I felt it was a good drink at a good price. Unfortunately, due to an ulcer, I am not supposed to drink alcohol, but from time to time I do bend my elbow with an Michelob Ultra.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Where have you found a bottle of this? I used to buy it frequently and they quit stocking it in my state

Few different spots around Nashville. I got this bottle specifically at West Meade Wine and Liquor

I’ve never been much for Irish whiskey but maybe I’ve never had anything good. This one is good to try for a traditional scotch/bourbon drinker 87783862-A194-4552-9B65-CFC0C1DDCF14.jpeg

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Picked up some Knob Creek 12 year old. I like the regular Knob Creek (I think it’s normally ~9 years old) but this one is delicious. A lot of flavor and a bit hot upfront but a smooth lingering taste. It’s new to my area so everything got bought up, but I’m hoping it will be well stocked in the future. This bottle isn’t going too last long

Last edited:
New Riff is a distillery in Bellvue KY just across the river from Cincinnati. You may know of Party source the alcoholic superstore. I used to go there to get hard to find bourbon but unfortunately it’s been scavenged like everywhere else. They bought an adjacent property and turned it into a distillery. They just started putting out their bourbon and it might be the best 4 year old bourbon I’ve ever had. I’m not an expert who can predict what this stuff would taste like with more years on it but I’d think it could only get better. It’s a little pricey for what it is now but worth trying if you’re interested. Needs a splash of water. It’s hot

Flats and Taps doing Weller green for 6 bucks a pour on Sunday nights. If anyone wants their shot at the title that is 100% where you will find me every week until it runs out.

What’s your favorite? I’ve been planning a trip for a while. Hoping to go with my dad next summer.
I like the more smoky/peatey flavors, but Laphroaig is too far on that end - tastes like pine tar. When I get home next week I will jot down some that I have and you can give them a try. The one thing I learned there was it seems that EVERYBODY there knows about whisky. They must teach a course in high school or something. And the Duty Free shops in Edinburgh and Glasgow have awesome selections. Go to a bar and do a taste flight. You won't be disappointed. And eat haggis. Trust me on that. It's delicious. Seriously.

VN Store

Back