Which Women's Coaches Would Jump

Lynne Roberts is in the process of doing to Utah what Scott did for Oregon St. You are not going to lure Scott Rueck he is building program at Oregon St. You have to get coach's before they reach the level of Scott. He has no reason to leave Oregon St.

Lynne Roberts is in the process of doing to Utah what Scott did for Oregon St. You are not going to lure Scott Rueck he is building program at Oregon St. You have to get coach's before they reach the level of Scott. He has no reason to leave Oregon St.

There are plenty of reasons. $$$$

Reactions: cutiepie5
There are plenty of reasons. $$$$

Oregon is a gorgeous, wonderful place to live and work, and Oregon State Women’s Basketball is one of the newest stars of the sport. Coach Scott Rueck was born and raised in Oregon, so it might take more than just money to lure him away from his heart-home. He has an opportunity to be, at Oregon, what Pat was to Tennessee: A lifelong ambassador of his state to women’s basketball.

Reactions: papatomany
Your area the one that tried to drag UT down and Summit and prop Staley up with what you posted! So again what was her record against UT and Pat? You are the one that opened your mouth up and I also support my friends but when they suck at something I also let them know and keep it real! Holly is a terrible coach, been proven in the 7 years coaching the program and dragging it to new lows, so Staley might be friends with Holly and that's great, but Staley doesn't want to see a top notch UT program because it would hurt her program, I mean UT already outrecruitinf USC with a terrible coach on the bench, just imagine what Staley looks like having to fight Ms State and UT every year for top stories in SEC!

*Summitt

If Holly goes, administration is probably not going to pay any more than Holly's salary. A younger established head coach would be a good choice. I would try and keep Reeves for recruiting. If holly stays try and lure the ex Vandy coach for offense like South Carolina did.

Oregon is a gorgeous, wonderful place to live and work, and Oregon State Women’s Basketball is one of the newest stars of the sport. Coach Scott Rueck was born and raised in Oregon, so it might take more than just money to lure him away from his heart-home. He has an opportunity to be, at Oregon, what Pat was to Tennessee: A lifelong ambassador of his state to women’s basketball.

Don't kid yourself, he makes a little over $300,000 at Oregon State, he would make double, at least, at UT. At the end of the day money still talks, very difficult to turn that down, totally changes how/when you're able to retire, help your kids and your family.

Don't kid yourself, he makes a little over $300,000 at Oregon State, he would make double, at least, at UT. At the end of the day money still talks, very difficult to turn that down, totally changes how/when you're able to retire, help your kids and your family.

LOL! You are, of course, probably right. Sometimes I let my romantic spirit get the best of me.

Reactions: VolBall09

There’s 2 programs with name recognition in WCBB: Lady Vols & UCONN. Playing at TBA is the best stage to showcase your talent. UT recruits itself so any coach who replaces Holly has the opportunity to build a DYNASTY. That will never happen at Utah State Lol.

Reactions: cutiepie5 and Remy

Sorry, i was writing pretty quickly, but maybe that was my subconscious saying maybe Holly is removing a T from that floor already considering she is tearing down everything that Pat built! We can start with not being able to defend our own floor against some weak competition as well as in the NCAA tourney last year!

I would take the former LV who coaches like PS and it is not NC but Kelly Jolly. She would come back home and not have to throw the bank at her. LV name will make up any recruiting let down she may have which I do not think she will have. JMHO but if I was Phil I would at least give her a call if and when he actually does call someone.

Unless the stars align correctly, the next LV coach is not going to be the second coming of Pat. I just hope to God it is a Rick Barnes level improvement.
Alabama never thought anybody would be better than "Bear". Saban has proven that a great coach at the right place that has traditions to help push greatness. It can be done.

I saw the Bryant/Saban thing mentioned in a post above and it caused me to respond. Pretty much in all of sports when you have an iconic type coach who wins and embodies a program like few have done before them it is rare that the person who immediately follows the icon even comes close to doing as well. See what happened immediately following Bryant before they got back to Stallings for example. Just check out what happened after he left. Know who the guy was following Knute Rockne at Notre Dame? Closer to home who was the coach immediately following The General at Tennessee? I'll help, it was Bowden Wyatt. Most don't recall his years on The Hill. Go to school after school after school and rarely, there are exceptions like Miami that had a string of exceptionally successful coaches back to back to back there starting with Norm Schnellenberger, but it's rare. We lost an icon with Pat Summit period. Often administrations look within the existing staffs once the icon is no longer there which is what happened to the Lady Vols. Holly has been given way past a fair amount of time to prove she could pick up where Pat left off. She has not and is not capable of coming close to meeting expectations of what the Lady Vols are supposed to be about which is winning at the highest levels. If Holly cannot do the right thing for the program and resign, Fulmer should fire her at th last game this year and get us a winning coach again.

Reactions: alaVOL
From what i heard this is NOT true. If and when it happens, they are willing to pay for the best. Just saying...
The sad thing is we could get plenty of coaches for less money and they would win more games than holly. Realistaclly, we could not lure away a big name coach with an established program like Jeff Waltz, for example.
I think we are stuck with Holly for another year no matter what happens the rest of the season.

Alabama never thought anybody would be better than "Bear". Saban has proven that a great coach at the right place that has traditions to help push greatness. It can be done.

Yeah, and I guess it's possible to draw to an inside straight, but I'm not going to bet my shirt on it. Ask U.C.L.A. They're still waiting for the next John Wooden.

Coach, do we need to put you in direct contact with someone within AD or do you have your own contact there? My reason for asking is how you often talk about "being there tomorrow."

The sad thing is we could get plenty of coaches for less money and they would win more games than holly. Realistaclly, we could not lure away a big name coach with an established program like Jeff Waltz, for example.
I think we are stuck with Holly for another year no matter what happens the rest of the season.

Walz will come........

Reactions: cutiepie5
Coach, do we need to put you in direct contact with someone within AD or do you have your own contact there? My reason for asking is how you often talk about "being there tomorrow."

I have no contact in that office. And I live 30 minutes from UT.
Thus, getting there any "tomorrow" = NP.

Once in the gym, this keyboard disappears and I focus on what I do best,,..,,teach and per'fect fundamental and advanced skills; Push the proficiency with new shooting and driving drills; and ; Pushing the right buttons and finding the motivation of these kids and challenge them to reach those heights.

I don't know if you are choc or nut, but from Dec 2017 to now you've never posted....Not sure if that is a good or a bad omen...but thanks for looking in

I have no contact in that office. And I live 30 minutes from UT.
Thus, getting there any "tomorrow" = NP.

Once in the gym, this keyboard disappears and I focus on what I do best,,..,,teach and per'fect fundamental and advanced skills; Push the proficiency with new shooting and driving drills; and ; Pushing the right buttons and finding the motivation of these kids and challenge them to reach those heights.

I don't know if you are choc or nut, but from Dec 2017 to now you've never posted....Not sure if that is a good or a bad omen...but thanks for looking in

I tend to not worry about when or how often someone posts. I listen /read more than anything else and from reading since 2017, realized you seriously may need someone to put you in contact with that office. I guess you don't..... trying to help.

I tend to not worry about when or how often someone posts. I listen /read more than anything else and from reading since 2017, realized you seriously may need someone to put you in contact with that office. I guess you don't..... trying to help.

I appreciate the thought and gesture.
If there is someone you know, I would always value a "door opened".

choconut,,,I never know who is real and who is toting a rod, reel and carrot...so I apologize if I came across crass. If legit, I promise you this....I get an opportunity, I will win them over.

I am a believer that performance shuts people up....and I coach with that in mind

"You don't something until, you can do it right,,,You do it until, you can't do it wrong"

I'm thinking Many current successful Women's Coaches would JUMP at the chance to Coach THE PREMIER Program in the SEC, and the Bedrock of Women's Basketball. This thing could be turned around Quickly, with the Right Hire. This is LVBB!

Doesn't matter how many would jump. And it doesn't matter how quickly it would turn around.

They are not going to make that investment. As long as Holly doesn't do something really stupid publicly to embarrass the program (Bobby Petrino level stupid), she ain't being fired. Nice try though.

It's time for the deep-pocketed boosters to pony up the dough before they lose interest in the women't program too.

Those deep pocketed boosters have no interest in women's basketball. You are being very special here, Ed if you think any dough is gonna be ponied up. If it was ever gonna happen, it already would have happened.

Those deep pocketed boosters have no interest in women's basketball. You are being very special here, Ed if you think any dough is gonna be ponied up. If it was ever gonna happen, it already would have happened.
Agreed. If we cannot raise the salary bar, but we can get a coaching staff for the same money or less that can coach and develop players much better than the current staff. The only coach I would keep is Reaves for recruiting.

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back