Which seniors are eligible to return next season?

jarnol32

To be the man you gotta beat the man.
With the Covid year and players getting extra years, which seniors can return, and who is excepted to come back?

As mentioned 100+ times…Only Key is out of eligibility, however at this point no seniors are expected to return, Santi may be the only one even giving it a little thought.
And for the 100+ time, I'm gonna say that outside of SV, I don't want any of the seniors back. No offense to them, but I'm so very ready to see this roster changed. For better or worse, I'm ready for those guys to move on.

And for the 100+ time, I'm gonna say that outside of SV, I don't want any of the seniors back. No offense to them, but I'm so very ready to see this roster changed. For better or worse, I'm ready for those guys to move on.
I’m with you…definitely no on Plav, Nkamhoua’s inconsistency is beyond frustrating and JJJ with his injury history/inconsistency I think it’s just time for something new.

Less about who we're getting back and more about how we hit the portal. Look at Uconn...Hurley said after his Elite 8 win that they liked the core down low and identified that if they didn't get perimeter help this year, they'd probably be back in the same position of not advancing. Granted, couldn't anticipate losing ZZ, but need folks who can be consistent from perimeter. Got plenty of talent on the team, so I'd think we need to hit the refresh button on the back court. If we do that, I think we'll be in good shape w/ ZZ back, and addition of Edwards being a hopeful meaningful piece of the equation.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
As mentioned 100+ times…Only Key is out of eligibility, however at this point no seniors are expected to return, Santi may be the only one even giving it a little thought.
Is the Santi thing getting some traction, now? You've dismissed it fairly quickly in the past, but it seems like you're hedging a little, now. Change in the winds a'brewing, perhaps?

Less about who we're getting back and more about how we hit the portal. Look at Uconn...Hurley said after his Elite 8 win that they liked the core down low and identified that if they didn't get perimeter help this year, they'd probably be back in the same position of not advancing. Granted, couldn't anticipate losing ZZ, but need folks who can be consistent from perimeter. Got plenty of talent on the team, so I'd think we need to hit the refresh button on the back court. If we do that, I think we'll be in good shape w/ ZZ back, and addition of Edwards being a hopeful meaningful piece of the equation.

If Vescovi doesn't come back, as expected, we definitely need someone who is a threat from the perimeter. I thought Key was going to be that dude - and, he might've been - but I think he was injured way more than what was known.

Is the Santi thing getting some traction, now? You've dismissed it fairly quickly in the past, but it seems like you're hedging a little, now. Change in the winds a'brewing, perhaps?
I noticed that as well, I would be very glad to have Santi back. Would be a nice surprise this offseason

Reactions: cncchris33
I still think it’s unlikely but he’s not slammed the door and add in that he’s the 1 guy the staff would likely beg to come back and the door is cracked imo.

Right on!

I still think it’s unlikely but he’s not slammed the door and add in that he’s the 1 guy the staff would likely beg to come back and the door is cracked imo.
@bleedingTNorange and @Stoerner Fumbles ...
Any thoughts on the "internal stuff" that both JJ and SV talked about in their post game talks after FAU loss??? Here is the quote from JJJ verbatim: "... a lot of people don’t know all the things that we’ve been through internally. So even to make it this far is a blessing. ..."
I will grant that he could have been talking about the injuries to multiple players ... but it sure sounded like he was talking about something in addition to the injuries or that we were not aware of that is beyond what was publicly known. (I remember us hiding Chris Lofton's news till after the season was over before the beans spilled.)
Your thoughts???

I pay attention to the things that remain unsaid ... more than the things that are said ... And it was very interesting to see/hear the list of players who stepped up their game and stepped up to the plate as voiced by JJ.
JJ and SV are class Volunteers and I am going to miss them.

Last edited:
Tennessee basketball: Vols have five seniors, but Rick Barnes only loses Tyreke Key to eligibility

Dave Hooker and Caleb Calhoun both think there's a good chance they all come back, or at least that they all should come back for NIL money because none of them are likely to make money in the NBA as it stands today.

I like the idea of having them all back.

This was actually a good team that had to deal with quite a few setbacks, not to mention losing ZZ at the end of the season. With ZZ, the Vols would probably still be in it TBH.

Reactions: vavolfan6

Agree. Can’t take another season of Uros and his nonsense. Olivier came closer to driving me nuts than any basketball player I’ve seen at Tennessee, and JJJ is too injury prone and too inconsistent offensively. Appreciate their contributions, but it is time for a new cast of characters.

Reactions: FeelVol and VolZen
Tennessee basketball: Vols have five seniors, but Rick Barnes only loses Tyreke Key to eligibility

Dave Hooker and Caleb Calhoun both think there's a good chance they all come back, or at least that they all should come back for NIL money because none of them are likely to make money in the NBA as it stands today.

I like the idea of having them all back.

This was actually a good team that had to deal with quite a few setbacks, not to mention losing ZZ at the end of the season. With ZZ, the Vols would probably still be in it TBH.

Well, Dave and Caleb are proving how dumb they are. They can't all come back. Most of their spots are committed to incoming freshmen. We only have two open spots unless we have any unforeseen attrition. And outside of Vescovi, I don't know that any of the others would be welcome back unless we completely strike out in the portal. And then it's probably, in order, JJJ, Nkamhoua, Uros in terms of preference. Nkamhoua is the most needed but also the moat vexing of the three. He provides what we need, an inside scorer, but he is so inconsistent and prefers playing finesse offense.

I have enjoyed watching them all, but I am emotionally ready for them to move on. Having said that, it would be nice to have a couple of them come back to provide some leadership. I mean, how often to Barnes coached teams do well when they don't have a bunch of veterans?

VN Store

Back