Which SEC team will go further in NCAA tourney

TennFan

Of the following: Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky or LSU, which team will go further in the tournament? My pick is Kentucky. I see UK playing Carolina in the Midwest, possibly LSU playing Duke. Will the Vols make it to the Regional Finals in the South? Does anyone in the West have a chance beating Gonzaga?
I see at least two teams from one conference in the Final 4.
Is there a possible sleeper to make the Final 4?

Tennessee wins National Championship over Duke

Auburn loses in Sweet 16 to North Carolina

Kentucky loses in Sweet 16 to Houston

LSU loses in Round 2 to Maryland

Reactions: alaVOL
Of the following: Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky or LSU, which team will go further in the tournament? My pick is Kentucky. I see UK playing Carolina in the Midwest, possibly LSU playing Duke. Will the Vols make it to the Regional Finals in the South? Does anyone in the West have a chance beating Gonzaga?
I see at least two teams from one conference in the Final 4.
Is there a possible sleeper to make the Final 4?
So who do you have the Vols losing to?

I would say Kentucky. LSU is kind of fluky. As far as TN goes, I think we have the ability. But do we have IT to go deep into the tourney? If we had even been competitive against Auburn I would have said yes. But seeing Auburn dominate us was worrisome. I think UK has the team to do it.

LSU has the ability to go very far, if not all the way....but, not without WW and the haze over the program...

I think we can and will beat UVA...IF we get that far...

Reactions: BUBear
Tennessee wins National Championship over Duke

Auburn loses in Sweet 16 to North Carolina

Kentucky loses in Sweet 16 to Houston

LSU loses in Round 2 to Maryland

Thoughts on why you think Houston beats Kentucky?

My final four right now is Duke, Michigan, UNC, Tenn.

I'm also debating this potential KY and UNC rematch. Can Kentucky beat them again? NOt sure

Thoughts on why you think Houston beats Kentucky?

My final four right now is Duke, Michigan, UNC, Tenn.

I'm also debating this potential KY and UNC rematch. Can Kentucky beat them again? NOt sure
Houston is a darkhorse candidate who I think makes it to the Elite 8 against North Carolina and i'm just not sold on Kentucky right now. I think Kentucky pounds punching bags Abilene Christian and Wofford then loses to Houston in the Sweet 16. My Final Four is Duke,FSU,North Carolina and Tennessee.

Last edited:
My question, can Tenn handle the 3 point shooting of Virginia? If they get to the Championship game against Duke, do they have an answer for Zion?

Houston is a darkhorse candidate who I think makes it to the Elite 8 against North Carolina and i'm just not sold on Kentucky right now. I think Kentucky pounds punching bags Abilene Christian and Wofford then loses to Houston in the Sweet 16. My Final Four is Duke,FSU,North Carolina and Tennessee.

Who do you have knocking Michigan out?

got the same FF except Michigan instead of FSU -- some reason they always get there - mainly because I hate them in all sports

My question, can Tenn handle the 3 point shooting of Virginia? If they get to the Championship game against Duke, do they have an answer for Zion?

If UVA gets on a streak like AU did from 3 then we would be dead. Duke? Considering they have the first and second best players in CBB, plus one of the best PGs in the nation, I think you just have to hope they have an off night. I don’t think we have a guy that can guard Zion. Very few teams do.

Reactions: theFallGuy
If UVA gets on a streak like AU did from 3 then we would be dead. Duke? Considering they have the first and second best players in CBB, plus one of the best PGs in the nation, I think you just have to hope they have an off night. I don’t think we have a guy that can guard Zion. Very few teams do.

VA doesnt appear to have the quickness that Auburn has out front. Im not sure they can dribble by Vol defenders like Auburn could. Somehow, the imagine of the little quick PG from UMBC dribbling circles around and thru Thomas Jefferson's boys LY cant leave me......

Lets be honest too. That was Auburn's best game of the year, by far.

VA doesnt appear to have the quickness that Auburn has out front. Im not sure they can dribble by Vol defenders like Auburn could. Somehow, the imagine of the little quick PG from UMBC dribbling circles around and thru Thomas Jefferson's boys LY cant leave me......

Lets be honest too. That was Auburn's best game of the year, by far.
Tennessee will knock out Virginia in the Elite 8. Virginia has a knack for losing the big game going back to the Ralph Sampson days of the early 1980s.

VN Store

Back