Which players do you feel need to "put on more steam" next season?

Coach Dick Vermeil used to say "time to take off the diapers", but "put on more steam" sounds better.

I knew it was a quote from one of General Neylands maxims, but the first few times I heard CJP use it, I admit I thought it was kinda corny.

But the more I hear him use it, it fires me up. Kinda like some of Fulmers antics with the players. I'm sure they thought CPF leading a chant of "hip, hip, hooray" was corny, but I bet secretly they loved it...

Reactions: give_him 6
I'm going to drop a name that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Kenneth George Jr

I actually like him opposite Thompson more so than Taylor. He's smart and plays very technically correct. When he was beat last year (which was actually very rare), it was generally a player making a play, not poor technique or positioning. He needs to "put on more steam" because the word is out on Thompson and you aren't going to burn Shamburger, so they will try to pick on George or Taylor. I think George is poised to handle that pressure. A little more steam from what he did last year and we have ourselves another lockdown corner. Suddenly, there's nowhere to throw and Henry T just smashed your QB.

I'm going to drop a name that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Kenneth George Jr

I actually like him opposite Thompson more so than Taylor. He's smart and plays very technically correct. When he was beat last year (which was actually very rare), it was generally a player making a play, not poor technique or positioning. He needs to "put on more steam" because the word is out on Thompson and you aren't going to burn Shamburger, so they will try to pick on George or Taylor. I think George is poised to handle that pressure. A little more steam from what he did last year and we have ourselves another lockdown corner. Suddenly, there's nowhere to throw and Henry T just smashed your QB.

I agree KG should see more reps this coming season, especially if AT hasnt gotten better at his press man coverage.

The thing about AT I will say though, is he is an extremely good tackler and physical for a CB. He also possesses NFL CB size.

I've noticed Bryce Thompson usually plays "field corner" and Taylor is usually on the short side. I assume bc BT is better in space.

VN Store

Back