Which NFL Teams Would You Relocate?

Chargers back to SD and the Jags to an international city since the NFL is still dying to do so.

I do think one of the rust belt cities will end up losing a team if those areas continue shrinking, but probably not for a while, and who knows which one. The Browns already left once and it seems like the Bills have been flirting with the idea for a decade.

One that deserves to be mentioned more often in these discussions IMO is the Bengals. They've been a largely crappy franchise with crappy ownership for most of their history and they don't play in a large market, but they never seem to get brought up in talks of relocation for some reason.

Reactions: MAD
Are ticket sales a problem in Nashville? They sure are putting out a good product recently

I rarely see the Titans mentioned in talks of relocation, mainly because Nashville is booming and is still very much a football town. That said, it's still a small market with a limited NFL history. If I was an objective fan (which I am NOT) there are only about 5 or so teams I'd consider relocating before the Titans.

Are ticket sales a problem in Nashville? They sure are putting out a good product recently

Nashville is much more of a front running town than most of the other smaller market cities in the NFL. Even when the Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Browns, and Lions are bad, their fans show up. In Nashville, not so much.

If you had to relocate two NFL teams, which two cities are you taking them from and which two cities are you taking them to.

I would move the Arizona Cardinals back to St. Louis and LA Chargers back to San Diego.

I love St. Louis. My wife is from Cape Girardeau and we live in Memphis. When we visit her family we venture up I-55 to STL pretty often. It's not necessarily a dying city, but it is waayyy past its prime. I don't see the NFL ever going back there, especially at the expense of Phoenix.

Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
Chargers back to SD and the Jags to an international city since the NFL is still dying to do so.

I do think one of the rust belt cities will end up losing a team if those areas continue shrinking, but probably not for a while, and who knows which one. The Browns already left once and it seems like the Bills have been flirting with the idea for a decade.

One that deserves to be mentioned more often in these discussions IMO is the Bengals. They've been a largely crappy franchise with crappy ownership for most of their history and they don't play in a large market, but they never seem to get brought up in talks of relocation for some reason.

That’s because Mike Brown can’t afford the relocation fee. Like Spanos, Brown’s main income source is the team itself. Hell he can’t afford an indoor practice facility

That’s because Mike Brown can’t afford the relocation fee. Like Spanos, Brown’s main income source is the team itself. Hell he can’t afford an indoor practice facility

Good point. I'd forgotten just how cheap that guy is. And with the ties to his father it's hard to see him ever selling.

Good point. I'd forgotten just how cheap that guy is. And with the ties to his father it's hard to see him ever selling.

I’m shocked the NFL hasn’t found a reason to get Brown out. He never gets talked about enough as one of the worst owners in sports. He’s Jerry Jones without Super Bowls from the 90’s

Reactions: orangepridenation
Wait a minute…Mike Brown is 86 years old and he is STILL the GM? How?!?!?!

I did not know that either. Now I just feel plain bad for their fans.

Apparently he has ceded some control over the last decade but still.

Also apparently he was giving himself a GM bonus every year for like 20 years lol

Apparently he has ceded some control over the last decade but still.

Also apparently he was giving himself a GM bonus every year for like 20 years lol

Well, I don't wish the grim reaper on anyone, but at 86 YO, there's surely a light at the end of the tunnel at least... Not that a new owner would automatically fix things, but ya never know. Amy Adams Strunk has been a DEEP breath of fresh air compared to how her father ran things.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
I've wondered if Birmingham could field a team. That's a state with passionate football fans. I might suggest to move the Jaguars to Birmingham. Buffalo likely will be relocating, so I guess Toronto is the obvious move for them. Big city that's nearby and would be willing to foot the bill for a new stadium.

I've wondered if Birmingham could field a team. That's a state with passionate football fans. I might suggest to move the Jaguars to Birmingham. Buffalo likely will be relocating, so I guess Toronto is the obvious move for them. Big city that's nearby and would be willing to foot the bill for a new stadium.

Memphis would be far more likely than Birmingham to get a team and Memphis isn't getting a team

Reactions: GreveHaller and MAD
Memphis would be far more likely than Birmingham to get a team and Memphis isn't getting a team
I do feel sorry for Memphis. They wanted an NFL team for so long and did everything to show they could support one - exhibitions, WFL team, CFL team, XFL teams - and then Nashville came from no where and swooped the Oilers up. It didnt help them though showing their animosity by not supporting the Oilers in the one year they were in Memphis. Pretty much sealed it that they'd never get a team

Reactions: MAD and SDV
I do feel sorry for Memphis. They wanted an NFL team for so long and did everything to show they could support one - exhibitions, WFL team, CFL team, XFL teams - and then Nashville came from no where and swooped the Oilers up. It didnt help them though showing their animosity by not supporting the Oilers in the one year they were in Memphis. Pretty much sealed it that they'd never get a team
Agree 100%

It's funny to look back at all the Pro Football teams those two cities have had. They were some of the best supported in each league, but zero chance of an NFL team happening

Birmingham, no chance. Memphis has something above a 0% chance if Jacksonville decides to relocate. They have a family (Fred Smith) with the money and ego to pull it off. 3 Fortune 250 companies HQ'ed helps too. The entire state of Alabama doesn't have a Fortune 400 company.

Best bet is Austin or San Antonio if you see a relocation.

Birmingham, no chance. Memphis has something above a 0% chance if Jacksonville decides to relocate. They have a family (Fred Smith) with the money and ego to pull it off. 3 Fortune 250 companies HQ'ed helps too. The entire state of Alabama doesn't have a Fortune 400 company.

Best bet is Austin or San Antonio if you see a relocation.
Portland?

The animosity towards the Oilers was a middle finger to the NFL, Adams, and Nashville. Fool me 3 times, then expect to get support back. I don’t blame the residents for ignoring them. They were never getting a team before that year.

Portland?

If the Chargers relocate, Portland is an option. I just think the Jags, Bills, and Bengals (once Brown passes) are the 3 most likely teams to relocate. I would think the NFL would prefer to keep those teams in the Eastern or Central time zones, if possible.

Wouldn't be surprised if you see the NFL expand to 36 sometime in the next couple of decades. These franchise values are crazy and the one things the NFL owners love is money.

If the Chargers relocate, Portland is an option. I just think the Jags, Bills, and Bengals (once Brown passes) are the 3 most likely teams to relocate. I would think the NFL would prefer to keep those teams in the Eastern or Central time zones, if possible.

Wouldn't be surprised if you see the NFL expand to 36 sometime in the next couple of decades. These franchise values are crazy and the one things the NFL owners love is money.
Mexico City, London, and Toronto

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back