Which game are you most excited for this season?

Florida.
I actually think the Pitt game will be close. Their RBs will cause some problems.

But the Florida game. Because they struggled with Mizzou when they ran that uptempo. Mizzou even blew them out a few times.

I've only seen it once in my whole life and it was only for 1 half- when UT just went out and played Football against Florida and got out of their own heads. 2nd half 2016

This offense I believe will replicate that effect. 3-0 going into Florida and we will be an underdog. Jalin Hyatt...

Florida.
I actually think the Pitt game will be close. Their RBs will cause some problems.

But the Florida game. Because they struggled with Mizzou when they ran that uptempo. Mizzou even blew them out a few times.

I've only seen it once in my whole life and it was only for 1 half- when UT just went out and played Football against Florida and got out of their own heads. 2nd half 2016

This offense I believe will replicate that effect. 3-0 going into Florida and we will be an underdog. Jalin Hyatt...
38 unanswered points was a wonderful thing to see.

Florida.

Agreed, but I think the defense will be better than it ever was under Heupel at UCF. Here, I think he knows he has to play defense, and I think the Vols will be okay there once Heupel starts getting his recruits in place. Yes, it's going to be a risk / reward defense, and we will give up the big play here and there, but I expect an attacking defense where the mentality is "If you can beat our pressure, then so be it."

If we can get the right DC, and the right scheme, and the right players...then I think next year, or the next year at the latest...will be when the potential of Heupel's offense and an attacking defense can give us the opportunity to trip up Florida and/or Georgia in the East. If...when that day comes, it will be the first tangible step towards returning UT Football to national prominence.

The road to the National Championship has, and likely will continue to, travel through the SEC. First step, compete in the East. Second step, win the East. Third step, compete for the SECC. Fourth step, win the SECC. Get there, and we're in the mix for the all the marbles.

Ain't gonna be a crystal football this year, or next, or likely the next. But if Heupel is the right guy, then the results will come sooner rather than later. Let's at least give Heupel a year at the helm before we start making judgements.

Go Vols.

Pitt. Win that one, and UT can reach a decent bowl game.
I agree was going to say Pitt. That's the measuring stick game that will determine the rest of our season. Hopefully we come out and win or at least lose a close game but if we come out and lose by 2+ TDs.....its going to be another long year im afraid.

Also I'm planning on going to this game. Will be the first game for me in Neyland since M. North's "the catch" game vs USCe. Been way too long.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I think the defense will be better than it ever was under Heupel at UCF. Here, I think he knows he has to play defense, and I think the Vols will be okay there once Heupel starts getting his recruits in place. Yes, it's going to be a risk / reward defense, and we will give up the big play here and there, but I expect an attacking defense where the mentality is "If you can beat our pressure, then so be it."

If we can get the right DC, and the right scheme, and the right players...then I think next year, or the next year at the latest...will be when the potential of Heupel's offense and an attacking defense can give us the opportunity to trip up Florida and/or Georgia in the East. If...when that day comes, it will be the first tangible step towards returning UT Football to national prominence.

The road to the National Championship has, and likely will continue to, travel through the SEC. First step, compete in the East. Second step, win the East. Third step, compete for the SECC. Fourth step, win the SECC. Get there, and we're in the mix for the all the marbles.

Ain't gonna be a crystal football this year, or next, or likely the next. But if Heupel is the right guy, then the results will come sooner rather than later. Let's at least give Heupel a year at the helm before we start making judgements.

Go Vols.
I think there are a lot of people who think our defense will spend a lot of time on the field. I'm not sure they will based on comments from the staff. I agree they will be aggressive which will get them off the field....either in a good way or a bad way....

Oh goodness, I guess for me, the first. Thinking it will be a gauge for what we can expect for the year. GBO!

Any game that we come out and hit the other team in the mouth... i feel at least one whooping coming out of nowhere.

Florida. If we can hang with them I will be very optimistic about the future.

That Pitt game, which isnā€™t conference of course, will however be big IMO. Itā€™s not a true must win obviously, but it will likely be the first game where UT reveals Some insight into the three card hand they were dealt in the Texas hold ā€˜em.

Feels like Mizzou will be an extremely key game. I look forward to watching a W on the road following the FL trip.

Reactions: LittleVol
Every one of them I only have so many seasons left now and I know from personal experience how that can be gone in the blink of an eye

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back