Which Football Coach Would You Want Coaching Tenn?

otball coach would you want coaching Tenn?

• Total voters

U-T

Say Fulmer retires and UT can pick any coach in the SEC. Who would you pick?

I didn't include Johnson from Vandy, Brooks for Kentucky, or Shula. Those just aren't possibilities.

I went with Richt.

Smart coach who hires good assistants, solid recruiter, great game-day coach

Originally posted by U-T@May 25, 2005 10:17 AM
I went with Richt.

Smart coach who hires good assistants, solid recruiter, great game-day coach
[snapback]97958[/snapback]​

Me too, U-T. He's very easy on the eyes.

:naughty:

i picked croom because he is a proven leader and a general of sorts on the field. i wonder if anyone will vote for spurrier?

Would you really want someone who hasn't ever been to a bowl game yet?

I chose Richt because he has surrounds himself and players with good coaches and for the most part he knows how to win big games......That's a major part of winning in the SEC is knowing how to win big games....When the conference is tight that's something you have to do and for the most part he knows how to

I know it's all out of fun, but i couldnt participate in the vote.

If i had to make a guess' The next HC at UT will be from with-in.

Sounds a little crazy but we wont have to worry about it for a good while.

Good lord, its a poll on the Internet for fun.

Anyone who can't vote because they honestly would feel bad or what not really has problems, imo.

You really shouldn't take this to heart. It's for fun. :rocks:

Originally posted by 50 cent@May 25, 2005 12:56 PM
i picked croom because he is a proven leader
[snapback]97975[/snapback]​

:wacko:

I think we will find out how good, or not, Richt is this season. His Def. coordinator is gone and the identity of all his teams, Greene and Pollock, are also gone. In the list above he would probably the best fit for UT, however I think SOS and Mayer are probably better coaches than Richt.

That is one reason why I think Richt is hands down better then Tubberville.

Tubby fires assistants every year because they do quite average and end up costing Auburn games. Richt took his time and hired not only Van Gorder but Martinez who is just like BVG.

Richt was the one who promoted Greene when he was just a freshman.

All things that quite frankly I doubt Tubs would have done.

As for Meyer, we will see....this ridiculous introduction to his first season is getting out of hand

I don't want anybody but Fulmer! When Fulmer passes on to the Big Orange in the sky, I guess that I will have to start pulling for heaven. :rocks:

Originally posted by U-T@May 25, 2005 7:49 PM
That is one reason why I think Richt is hands down better then Tubberville.

Tubby fires assistants every year because they do quite average and end up costing Auburn games. Richt took his time and hired not only Van Gorder but Martinez who is just like BVG.

Richt was the one who promoted Greene when he was just a freshman.

All things that quite frankly I doubt Tubs would have done.

As for Meyer, we will see....this ridiculous introduction to his first season is getting out of hand
[snapback]98061[/snapback]​

Agreed. Tubs is quick to spread the blame to the assistants. Richt is by far better than Tubbs.

I also agree that the hype surrounding Mayer has gotten waaaaaaaaaay out of hand.

Maybe CPF will stay around another 10-15 years.

Perhaps. Fulmer has a reasonably long amount of time left.

I don't, however, see any of the current assistants stepping up to take the HC position.

Originally posted by 50 cent@May 25, 2005 12:56 PM
i picked croom because he is a proven leader and a general of sorts on the field. i wonder if anyone will vote for spurrier?
[snapback]97975[/snapback]​

Wonder how the Bammers would feel about one of Bear Bryant's boys coaching Tennessee :)

I went with Tubberville, Auburn is a good team, recruits good, and did well last year.

Originally posted by milohimself@May 25, 2005 8:12 PM

I don't, however, see any of the current assistants stepping up to take the HC position.
[snapback]98074[/snapback]​

Chavis could

Glad someone else thinks that it could very well be Chavis.

Chavis has what i think every chance in the world. He's been offered some decent deals to get his HC'ing career started. He's loyal to UT and maybe more than just because he's the Defensive cordinator.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@May 25, 2005 7:19 PM
He's loyal to UT and maybe more than just because he's the Defensive cordinator.
[snapback]98112[/snapback]​

Is he also Fulmer's hetero-lifemate?

VN Store

Back