Which duo would you take for a season?

Which duo would you choose?

• Total voters

Cpatter4

I think we can all agree that Hendon and Tillman are proving to be quite the reliable connection so I don’t want anyone to mistake this as a diss to anyone. It’s more of a random thought I had after just rewatching the Dobbs Nail Boot and I wanted to know what other Vol fans thought.

So if you could only have 1 duo for a season which would you choose?

*There is no wrong answer*

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Hooker is better than Dobbs. Jennings v Tillman is a bit tougher. Jennings seemed to be more likely to be the guy to come up with a big catch when you needed it. Tillman seems like the better pure WR.

Hooker is a (much) better passer than Dobbs, but Dobbs had the ability to put the team on his back and get a win virtually on his own. I have yet to see that from Hooker. This should not be seen as a criticism of Hooker in any way shape or form, but rather as praise for Dobbs.

Wow, tough one.

Passing game alone —- Hooker/Tillman for sure.

Rising to the occasion and intangibles—- Dobbs/Jennings.

Tie.
Honestly I still can’t decide. I agree that Tillman is the more pure WR. Jennings was a WR with a RB/LB mentality. He lived for the contact.

SO FAR, I think Hendon is more accurate, but Dobbs had a way of dragging the entire team to a win. A tough choice for sure but I think you’re winning either way.

any combination with Jennings gets my vote (except JG, we all see how that worked out)

Assuming both are in CJH's offense, Dobbs for me, but dang it is close.
Dobbs likely is a nationally remembered as a great QB with a down field game like this offense opens Sure, send the DB's back 10 yards, better watch the sideline for a sprinting gazelle.
Just saying though, if I could mix it up, put CP in there with Hooker for a season and things would get wild.

I went with Dobbs and Jennings just because we (hopefully) haven't seen the full potential of Hooker to Tillman.
Basically picked the one I know with the current data...let's revisit in January and it might be a different answer.

Side note - who here would have loved to see Hooker and Jennings ???!!!

Honestly I still can’t decide. I agree that Tillman is the more pure WR. Jennings was a WR with a RB/LB mentality. He lived for the contact.

SO FAR, I think Hendon is more accurate, but Dobbs had a way of dragging the entire team to a win. A tough choice for sure but I think you’re winning either way.
I think with more than a full season as the starter (let alone the fact HH is in his first season with this school and offense) it is too hard to compare. Just too soon to tell...

Hooker is better than Dobbs. Jennings v Tillman is a bit tougher. Jennings seemed to be more likely to be the guy to come up with a big catch when you needed it. Tillman seems like the better pure WR.
Are we sure about that? Hindsight is always 20/20 but I can remember a few games last year when Hooker missed easy throws. He was definitely our best option and a solid option at that, but Dobbs was an elite rusher and maybe very close or as good of a passer as Hooker. IMO anyways. Dobbs has hung around the NFL for a few years now too.

Duos or squads

Starsky and Hutch
Bruce Willis and D Glover
Rock n Roll Express or Steiner Brothers

VS

Mod Squad
Fat Albert and the gang
NWO or Degeneration X

I'm bored, 😂
Just a little fun

Hooker is a better QB but I believe he collectively had better weapons/more speed at WR and a better scheme. Jones lived off the short passing. We ran Stick more than I'd ever care to see again.

Hooker with a mediocre coach at Va Tech had a just ok career prior to being coached by Heupel. Tillman did virtually nothing prior to Heupel.
Dobbs and Jennings became TN legends under Butch (and Pruitt, in JJ’s case)

No hate to Hooker and Tillman, glad they’re here, but for me it’s no contest. Dobbs and JJ

I'll take Hooker with JJ and Tillman. Those 3 combined with Hype running the offense and we would break the highest scoring offense 45.7 points per game average.

Dobbs beat Georgia x2, Florida, and 3 bowl games. Couple of close nail biters to playoff teams as well. End of discussion.
Lol well...they were very beatable uga teams too and he didn't have to try and outscore a Mullen UF team either.

Not comparable.

The stats are the stats and Hooker (thanks to this offense too) is superior passing...by quite a bit. Dobbs takes it as a runner.

Overall, it's hard to compare because of schemes...I'll just say give me Hooker in this offense over Dobbs and that scheme.

Reactions: Volatility

VN Store

Back