Where would you rate Tennessee in the SEC right now (and in other conferences as well).

I assume that you’re basing your ranking off of your personal projection of how good you believe UT will be this upcoming season (and you believe we’re going to be DRAMATICALLY improved). Otherwise, your rankings are WAY too high.

I think, based on our defense continued improvement, our dramatically improved offensive line and the potential for better QB play we are going to be a good 8-9 win team this year. Obviously I am getting a little orange colored glasses when I mention QB play. I still think the NCAA will find a way to allow teams to make up for missed spring practices. They may not all be full pads to decrease injury risk but that does not matter when trying to train a new QB in a system. Heck, I will even throw JG a bone. If he actually has time to throw the ball, something he has not had behind some pretty poor offensive lines in his career, he can't be worse, right?

Seventh or eighth best team in the SEC, and last season's results don't give much hope for any significant improvement going forward.

Where UT ranks in the SEC is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:
I think of them in batches, rather than team by team.

Top batch: LSU, Bama, UGa
Second batch: Florida
Third batch: Auburn, Vols, A&M
Fourth batch: Mizzou, USCe, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss St
Fifth batch (the biatch batch): Vandy, Arky

Now, the 4th batch could change a lot this year with Kiffin and the Pirate moving them up. We'll see how long it takes them to start making inroads on the SEC West.

But for the moment, I'd put the Vols tied for the 5th place spot in the league. Hopefully moving up.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back