Where will you tailgate on Sept 3?

Myself just like to venture where ever ? This season atleast (aub-B) I'll be happy enough to find parking where i dont have to limp and take breaks every 10 steps. Since my X ive parked in the Holiday Inn convention center garage. Ive always enoyed the walk over by the HILL to Neyland and CP way. For a good spot to watch the VOL walk.

This year just going to look for parking as close as poss no matter the price and get a good spot for the VOLWalk and off to my seats . Any tips are very helpful! I have a HC permit i dont use. Nor will i in knox, Only way i can improve is to walk and use the the foot.

Top of the garage between the stadium and river. You can see the big "Power T," the band and VolWalk are right nearby, you can watch the boats come up the river, and the walk to the game is a stone's throw away. No better spot in K-town. ('Course, the parking passes aren't exactly a dime-a-dozen. . .)

I agree doc. Been parking and tailgaiting there (G10 I believe?) for the last couple of years and the atmosphere and ease of access to everything is unmatched.

Don't forget the Kessling-Priest Pre-Game Radio Show Live on the Hill outside Gate 21.

Nevermind, the UAB game is on ESPN Gameplan now. I'm gonna be home and watching all the great games that day.

Boise State @ UGA, Texas A&M @ Clemson, Colorado St. @ Colorado.

:dance2:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 24, 2005 11:45 AM
('Course, the parking passes aren't exactly a dime-a-dozen. . .)
[snapback]130629[/snapback]​

Not in G10 anyway.

I just found out that my wife who suckered me into thinking I was in for a camping trip with my in-laws the weekend of the 3rd actually bought me tickets to the UT opener for my FIRST EVER trip to Neyland stadium! I am super hyped and can't wait to experience this trip.... :rock:

I will be the roaming nome!

BTW Congrats holdemvol!!!! Let the tears of joy pour out when you see them run through the "T". Don't hold back! :cry:

I'll be in the lot by Stokley by the big rock.

congrats holdemvol! that's awesome.

cbc is that your dog in your avatar?

Damnit. :(

I just got my job, and my second shift there is 4 to close (10:30-11ish) Saturday the 3rd

I am going to have to tape BSU @ UGA and UAB @ Tenn

Originally posted by orangetd88@Aug 26, 2005 10:47 AM
I imagine I'll be at my usual spot on the strip.
[snapback]131395[/snapback]​

Where's that? I'm guessing that your (and my) old "usual spot" is no longer there, and has been turned into some cheesy wings place or something. Memories, such good memories.

Well, I'm usually at O'Charley's. I don't see September 3rd being any different, although we have talked about hitting Calhoun's if we get there early enough.

O'Chuck's will do on a gameday, but that's about it. Nothing will ever compare to the old Lap and Library. OCI's is about as close as I can find to "the way it used to be."

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 26, 2005 2:20 PM
O'Chuck's will do on a gameday, but that's about it.  Nothing will ever compare to the old Lap and Library.  OCI's is about as close as I can find to "the way it used to be."
[snapback]131466[/snapback]​

I only go there on gameday. In fact, I'm only in Knoxville on gamedays, save for the odd year I go up there for Christmas at my aunt and uncle's house.

Tailgate right behind Wendy's on the strip, in front of the semi-new parking lot. Everyone is welcome to come on up there, I won't mind you even bringing me a beer or 2 or 3. LOL

GO VOLS!

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 25, 2005 11:41 PM
I'll be in the lot by Stokley by the big rock.

congrats holdemvol! that's awesome.

cbc is that your dog in your avatar?
[snapback]131299[/snapback]​

i wish. this dog is cool. he won the worlds ugliest dog contest.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Aug 26, 2005 6:16 PM
i wish. this dog is cool. he won the worlds ugliest dog contest.
[snapback]131517[/snapback]​

Large Pic :yikes:

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back