Where were you? - September 11, 2001

Sitting on a couch at home. Wondering if it was an airplane I had flown or someone I knew. (Turns out it wasn't my company)

And then thinking about Pearl Harbor.

Thank you to the religion of peace. Your golf claps were loud and clear.

I will never forget.

I was 4 honestly I don't rember that day at all. But I have spoken with my parents my dad said he had dropped me off at kindergarten that morning and was going to go back to bed but on his way home he heard about the first plane. He turned on the news and saw the second one hit. About an hour later he was in line picking me up ftom school. Mom I dont know much she hasn't ever really talked about that day, all I know is she was at work and they went on lockdown for most of the day. She didn't get home until later that night.

Reactions: AM64
Take it to one of your other 100 TDS screeching threads

I think the thread about 9/11 is a perfectly reasonable place to point out that we have a President who does not respect servicemen and women.

Plus, he supports a Congressional candidate who claims no plane hit the Pentagon.

Reactions: k-town_king
I think the thread about 9/11 is a perfectly reasonable place to point out that we have a President who does not respect servicemen and women.

Plus, he supports a Congressional candidate who claims no plane hit the Pentagon.

Yet his actions profoundly prove otherwise and supposedly “anonymous sources” say he doesn’t.

The Trump hates the military narrative was soundly rejected by people with eyes, ears and brains.

Not today LG, you have more class than this.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I was a freshman in college. The first plane had already hit by the time that I woke up. I saw the second plane hit live. I went to class, which I now regret, and had no idea about the pentagon nor the towers actually falling down until I got back to my dorm room.

Was building the staircase for the house I was going to install it in. My co-worker Bobby brought his radio over and told me to listen. Before we knew it, everyone was at that table. They contemplated who was responsible and what was going to happen. I only made one comment. We are going to war.

My sitter called in a panic asking what was going to happen. I said I'm going to finish work and come home like normal, then you are going to go home to your husband.

I watched the local gas station that night in our small town with gas lines going down to US 12. I hadn't seen gas lines since 1972.
That initial panic mode is always very strong with the populace.

Reactions: AM64

Do you get up in the mornings looking for thread opportunities to bash Trump? Just a suggestion my fellow Vol friend, life is much better without so much hate in your heart.

I had been home for about an hour and a half after working the club and bar for 12 hours with no sleep in the prior 36 hours.

I remember doubting it was an accident and then being 100% positive when the second plane hit. I then became fearful at what was about to happen. Did we have jets scrambling to strike back? Was that just the first wave, were ICBM's inbound or outbound? Then as the horrors of watching people make the torturous decision to burn or jump, father Judge and others on the ground helpless to provide aid or comfort.

Then watching the buildings come down live and the sobering reality that you just watched the last moments and ultimate deaths of thousands of people.

I didn't go to sleep until the next morning. The emotions of that day still come back to me every year. Though much less intense it still rubs me raw. I'll literally never forget it.

Yet his actions profoundly prove otherwise and supposedly “anonymous sources” say he doesn’t.

There are numerous examples of him on video disparaging the military and the troops, even if he did not say the latest alleged comments.

The Trump hates the military narrative was soundly rejected by people with eyes, ears and brains.

There are numerous examples of him on video disparaging the military and the troops, even if he did not say the latest alleged comments.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican congressional candidate endorsed by Trump, claimed there isn't 'any evidence' a plane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11

There are many others, but that is a starter. It is public record he supports her and has heaped praise on her. It is also on public record that she claims no plane hit the Pentagon.

Not today LG, you have more class than this.

Of all days, THIS is the day to call out a President who is so devoid of character. He dishonors the memories particularly of the soldiers who died in later years as the country dealt with the attack.

Do you get up in the mornings looking for thread opportunities to bash Trump? Just a suggestion my fellow Vol friend, life is much better without so much hate in your heart.

Trump is the one with greed, ego, and contempt in his heart. At one time or another, if a person or group does not pledge undying fealty to him, he retaliates with vindictiveness way out of proportion.

Trump is the one with greed, ego, and contempt in his heart. At one time or another, if a person or group does not pledge undying fealty to him, he retaliates with vindictiveness way out of proportion.

Bless your heart. We should vote for Joe because he's just as bad as Orange man but only more experienced.
Are you still going to post this kind of weak-ass drivel for 4 more years?

And voted for people who claim those who served to defend the country are suckers and losers, or those who were captured and injured for life are losers.
I think the "suckers and losers" thing is a blending of lies and comments taken out of context. The comments on McCain are obviously true in two senses. Trump did actually make them and what Trump said about McCain were true.

VN Store

Back