Where our Transfers wound up and where they are

VolunteerNut

SIAP

Former University of Tennessee on FBS Rosters (27)
10 – LB Henry To’o To’o – Alabama (starting MLB)
0 – RB Eric Gray – Oklahoma (starting RB)
64 – RT Wanya Morris – Oklahoma (2nd team RT)
12 – S Key Lawrence – Oklahoma (2nd team SS)
19 – RB Ty Chandler – North Carolina (starting RB)
6 – LB Quavaris Crouch – Michigan State (starting LB)
58 – OT Jahmir Johnson – Texas A&M (co-starting LT)
13 – DE Deandre Johnson – Miami (2nd team DE)
24 – RB Cody Brown – Miami (not on depth chart) *released from 2021 Class NLI
42 – PK Brent Cimaglia – Georgia Tech (starting PK)
70 – OL Ryan Johnson – Georgia Tech (starting RG) *transferred before 2020 season
99 – DL Darel Middleton – West Virginia (not on depth chart)
7 – QB JT Shrout – Colorado (injured, out for the year)
18 – QB Jarrett Guarantano – Washington State (starting QB)
39 – EDGE Dylan Brooks – Auburn (not on depth chart) *released from 2021 Class NLI
91 – DL Greg Emerson – Memphis (not on depth chart)
17 – P Joe Doyle – Memphis (starting P)
3 – WR Brandon Johnson – UCF (starting WR)
68 – OL Marcus Tatum – UCF (starting LT) *transferred before 2020
5 – CB Kenney Solomon – Tulsa (3rd team CB)
18 – QB Kaidon Salter – Liberty (not on depth chart)
0 – CB Baylen Buchanan – Louisiana Tech (starting CB)
15 – WR Jerrod “Bub” Means – Louisiana Tech (3rd team WR) *transferred before 2020 season
23 – LB Will Ignont – Western Kentucky (starting LB) *transferred before 2020 season
8 – WR Latrell Williams – USF (starting WR) *transferred before 2020 season
0 – DL John Mincey – Arkansas State (2nd team DT)
5 – DE Kivon Bennett – Arkansas State (starting DE) *dismissed from UT before going in portal

Makes you wonder just why these kids left but I think we know Pruitt had alot to do with it but others didn't want to go through a new system. To'o To'o is the biggest lost for me but starting at Bama the kid has a free ride to the Pro's. Good for him. He would have had the same here but can't blame him one bit. I hope these kids have great success.

Probably 5 or 6 that would be starting here - but none that are lightyears better than their replacements. Wish them all well. Chandler and Crouch had nice games and stats with 60 yards rushing and 7 tackles, but their replacements had 120 yards rushing and 4 tackles so hard to
tell until we start playing better competition. I believe Shrout was starting at Colo. until he was injured and of course I don't believe Guarantano will be starting next week at Wash. St.

I think JG is getting benched. He went out in game 1 with an injury, and QB2 (de Laura) came in and looked a little better. Not much better, but a little though. Now their coach is saying de Laura will likely be the starter going forward.

Reactions: lenoxvol
To’o the traitor is the only one I have any angst for. Kid could have gone anywhere in the country and made it to the NFL, but he chose Bama.

kind of harsh statement calling him a traitor. I mean, he's twenty years old and went to the school where he can get the best development and exposure, leading to a higher draft in the NFL potentially worth millions of dollars.
If it was your kid, you wouldnt want him going there, because you bleed orange? I would be thinking about what's best for my kid.
Also, look up "angst", because I dont think it means what you meant it to mean--that is, unless you are worried about him when he plays us.

kind of harsh statement calling him a traitor. I mean, he's twenty years old and went to the school where he can get the best development and exposure, leading to a higher draft in the NFL potentially worth millions of dollars.
If it was your kid, you wouldnt want him going there, because you bleed orange? I would be thinking about what's best for my kid.
Also, look up "angst", because I dont think it means what you meant it to mean--that is, unless you are worried about him when he plays us.
I don't think my kid would make that move. He keeps his word.

In related news... a team JG started for scored a whopping 23 points in a loss. Sounds about right.

Reactions: Alto1
SIAP

70 – OL Ryan Johnson – Georgia Tech (starting RG) *transferred before 2020 season
39 – EDGE Dylan Brooks – Auburn (not on depth chart) *released from 2021 Class NLI
15 – WR Jerrod “Bub” Means – Louisiana Tech (3rd team WR) *transferred before 2020 season
23 – LB Will Ignont – Western Kentucky (starting LB) *transferred before 2020 season
5 – DE Kivon Bennett – Arkansas State (starting DE) *dismissed from UT before going in portal

Makes you wonder just why these kids left but I think we know Pruitt had alot to do with it but others didn't want to go through a new system. To'o To'o is the biggest lost for me but starting at Bama the kid has a free ride to the Pro's. Good for him. He would have had the same here but can't blame him one bit. I hope these kids have great success.
One of our biggest losses is Katron Evans, and you didn't even mention him.

Reactions: Sarms58
Probably 5 or 6 that would be starting here - but none that are lightyears better than their replacements. Wish them all well. Chandler and Crouch had nice games and stats with 60 yards rushing and 7 tackles, but their replacements had 120 yards rushing and 4 tackles so hard to
tell until we start playing better competition. I believe Shrout was starting at Colo. until he was injured and of course I don't believe Guarantano will be starting next week at Wash. St.

We's got happy players, happy peebles tenna to be mo produckive

He did sign a scholarship. His signature is his word. He just did not keep it.

Do you think
1. those offers are based on a school year, not a 4 year commitment
2. that he had signed an offer specifically to play 2021 for Tennessee
3. that the circumstances of your head coach committing multiple NCAA infractions would release him from any agreement he had before those took place?

if anything, Pruitt's actions made any 'contract' voidable.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Not sure if Gray is the starter or not but he had 27 yds on 9 carries while Brooks had 87 on 14 carries. He had one reception for a loss of 6 yards.

Reactions: KptVFL
SIAP

Marcus Tatum. That was a guy that worked his azz off to gain weight. Surprised he still has eligibility. Probably going to finish SL with a better record at UCF.

Do you think
1. those offers are based on a school year, not a 4 year commitment
2. that he had signed an offer specifically to play 2021 for Tennessee
3. that the circumstances of your head coach committing multiple NCAA infractions would release him from any agreement he had before those took place?

if anything, Pruitt's actions made any 'contract' voidable.

He’s just as guilty as Pruitt because he took the bag. When if he had any credibility he wouldn’t have.

He’s just as guilty as Pruitt because he took the bag. When if he had any credibility he wouldn’t have.

That's quite a charge you are making. I hope you have evidence of that, so that you aren't sued for libel

I think JG is getting benched. He went out in game 1 with an injury, and QB2 (de Laura) came in and looked a little better. Not much better, but a little though. Now their coach is saying de Laura will likely be the starter going forward.
Impossible! According to their message board, they have a “far better OL and legitimate offensive weapons”!

Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back