Where does a full class put us?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Assuming we lose 5 more guys to the TP (literally just a random number that I do not believe we will exceed), where does a full class put us at for scholarship players?

that is correct but you still have to be at 85 going into fall camp or fall semester.
With the seniors that will be leaving, we should be in pretty good shape to sign 32 guys since we only have 69 on scholarship right now

I thought that I heard that we can take 25 recruits + 7 more for the guys that left
You can only replace portal players who leave after the end of the academic term or a certain date in December whichever comes first.

UT cannot use any of those slots to replace Maurer, Evans, or Bailey.

Reactions: robed20
You can only replace portal players who leave after the end of the academic term or a certain date in December whichever comes first.

I don't think those numbers include them.

There has been lots of discussion about this. I think everybody is referencing the same article that is worded wrong. I think the new consensus is as long as they finish the semester and don't leave before then they count. Must also be academically eligible.

Think of it this way. All of these guys in the portal won't count for their schools either with that logic

There has been lots of discussion about this. I think everybody is referencing the same article that is worded wrong. I think the new consensus is as long as they finish the semester and don't leave before then they count. Must also be academically eligible.

Think of it this way. All of these guys in the portal won't count for their schools either with that logic
Thanks. Hope you are right. The "numbers" in recruiting have always given me a headache. Glad UT employs people who figure it out.

Reactions: Pridedad
I would still like to think that between the portal, JUCO's, and the Fr signees... UT will be closer to the "depth" Heupel needs to take another step forwrd.
Yes I would think that Tennessee would or will be 10-15 players better (in terms of roster numbers) for 2022. It is still going to take some time and more recruiting but it should be better than this past season for sure.

Yes I would think that Tennessee would or will be 10-15 players better (in terms of roster numbers) for 2022. It is still going to take some time and more recruiting but it should be better than this past season for sure.
If LWSVol's numbers are right and UT signs a full class plus uses the portal replacement rule... they'll have to cull some players. Even if they have a few eligible under the Covid rule.

The portal is about to make CFB more cut throat than it has ever been. In order to make space, programs are going to be forced to simply tell kids that they recruited and convinced to sign up.... that they no longer have a scholarship.

IMO, the portal will be a lot more important for future success than HS recruiting.

VN Store

Back