Where did they all go?

volwb

I enjoy saving preseason hype magazines such as Lindy's, Athlon, etc and seeing how many athletes out of each class actually contribute to UT success on the field. This year I was sort of stunned to see that already 6 signees out of the 2006 recruiting class have disappeared; Blake Garretson, Justin Garret, Dustin Lindsey, Stephen Raines, Lee Smith and Gerald Williams. Where are these guys? Can anyone tell me what happened to them? Do thease guys count against the Great Orange Pumkin's graduation rates? That's over 35% percent of a low rated class in one year.

Lee Smith was at Marshall (although he got in trouble there as well so I'm not sure if he's still there), Williams is still trying to get into UT (academic issues), and Lindsay I think is working towards trying to get in next year after going the JUCO route.

I'm not 100% sure about the others, HV will know.

Garretson and SMith were kicked off, Garrett is at Kansas State, Lindsey will be a LB at UT next year, Williams still trying to get in (clearinghouse). Stephaun Raines did not make it because of grades.

FF is right. I heard we probably weren't gonna offer Raines again, but that is just what I have heard. HV will know more.

An offer to Raines would be a wasted scholly. He would never contibute. That was just a terrible year in recruiting so we offfered.

Could be a blessing in disguise. CPF's hand is now forced to get the quickest youngsters on the field.

How could it count against graduation rates when they never enrolled in school. :crazy:

I remember a thread on here not too long ago criticizing Florida for having only about 8 or so of its 2005 class left.

I remember a thread on here not too long ago criticizing Florida for having only about 8 or so of its 2005 class left.

There are always going to be threads criticizing the turds for many things. Because... well they are the turds :p

Does every one in Florida cry and whine now that Urban is the head man?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WM9MQ8Ibdw

whiner.gif

I know that Dustin Lindsey was a pretty good linebacker here at South carolina for about two years. But then he didnt qualify this year. His twin brother Jordan is a linebacker at South Carolina and in his senior season here i think. I have never heard anything about dustin tranfering to tennessee but it could be possible. Dont count on him going to UT but It could happen.

I know that Dustin Lindsey was a pretty good linebacker here at South carolina for about two years. But then he didnt qualify this year. His twin brother Jordan is a linebacker at South Carolina and in his senior season here i think. I have never heard anything about dustin tranfering to tennessee but it could be possible. Dont count on him going to UT but It could happen.

Wrong Lindsey.

Smith-kicked off, drunk
Garretson-kicked off for some unknown reason, I think drinking
Garrett-never qualified(damn extra SEC math class)
Williams-hasn't qualified but is expected to be in for next year
Lindsey-didn't qualify but is expected to be in for next year
Raines-didn't qualify and likely won't be re-recruited by UT

Different Dustin Lindsay, this Dustin Lindsay played for Alcoa Highschool just outside of Knoxville and went to JUCO for two years. He is a RB/LB prospect.

Wrong Lindsey.

Smith-kicked off, drunk

You da man.

Wrong Lindsey.

Smith-kicked off, drunk

he got thrown off for selling 'roids. No surprise to me. After his soph. year in high school when he came back to school he was huge and people said he was on steroids in high school

Thanks all. I went to Morristown East as a freshman [involuntary shudder]. So, I was particularly interested in Garretson. Selling roids, heh...and Penn St still ran the ball down our throats...yikes.

VN Store

Back