Where Did The Gruden Lovers Go?

I absolutely love the Gruden crowd. Some of the very best people in all of VN.com. They're fun to hang out with, are respectful of others (unless you show up in one of their threads just to make fun of them), and are more insightful, by far, than the average person in the forums.

I don't know if it makes any sense to be happy, sad, or vindictive about how Jon Gruden's doing in the NFL, but I do know they're a great gang.

Exactly. Doesn't mean **** that he won in the NFL and was barely over. 500

tenor.gif

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
How did he jerk us around? I'm glad he didn't come to Tennessee but not because "he jerked us around".

That was just my shorthand way of saying this: "He dang well knew the uproar over his candidacy and did nothing but fan that flames, even going so far as hinting at it in national broadcasts." Also "He's supposed to be a huge fan of UT, but somehow we're supposed to believe that he was not aware of the uproar or conversely wasn't enjoying it to the hilt?" He could have saved the fans of the university he supposedly loved by squashing the rumors rather than playing footsie.

That was just my shorthand way of saying this: "He dang well knew the uproar over his candidacy and did nothing but fan that flames, even going so far as hinting at it in national broadcasts." Also "He's supposed to be a huge fan of UT, but somehow we're supposed to believe that he was not aware of the uproar or conversely wasn't enjoying it to the hilt?" He could have saved the fans of the university he supposedly loved by squashing the rumors rather than playing footsie.

It's not his responsibility to make sure fans didn't overreact to rumors. And he didin't hint at anything, he said some things that said fans over-analyzed and convinced themselves that he was giving hints.

It's not his responsibility to make sure fans didn't overreact to rumors. And he didin't hint at anything, he said some things that said fans over-analyzed and convinced themselves that he was giving hints.
Exactly, he didn't owe us anything.

His Raiders finally got a win this weekend. I agree he doesn't owe anything. I also agree he was well aware of fan expectations of him taking the job, but he had plans that didn't include coming to Tennessee's rescue. In this life when we project our sense of loyalty, gratitude or even simple friendship on others we sometimes find the other party doesn't return the favor and can't imagine why they didn't. People aren't forthcoming, regardless what they say, they may privately think otherwise and won't let you in on their true opinions till it suits them. Some folks thought since that's what they might do that's what he'd do, I guess...I admit I wanted him to take the job, probably best he didn't. These things work themselves out pretty well anyhow.

Oh I got your point. You can say my argument is invalid but that would only make yours invalid as well.

Keep dreaming Gruden is going to come.

Where did I say Gruden was coming? Where did I say that I wanted him to come?

Pruitt’s 2-3 with only two wins over cupcakes. Is he a bust, too? Maybe it’s too early to tell on both.
UCLA’s 0-4 and it doesn’t matter who the **** they play...Chip Kelly a 44 DD?

Now that he's 1-3 in his NFL return with his only victory being a OT win over the mighty Browns anyone still think he was the fix all to our problems??? Not saying he wouldn't have been a great hire but I think everyone thought he'd just return and the Raiders would dominate. I think I read before the win this weekend he had lost his last 8 or 9 games in the NFL.

He made a bad personnel decision with Mack, but other than that, I have to give him credit. I expected him to totally flunk and he's played a tough schedule while his team has looked competent.

I would trade Pruitt for Gruden right now. We need elite recruits and we need fan excitement. Gruden brings both.

Short term yes, but this fanbase would turn on him if he didn't get a big win relatively quickly. Given his rockstar status, he'd probably get a bigger buffer than Pruitt since Pruitt has no HC record to point to, but still.

As a Bears fan I love Gruden even more than I did when the Grumors were happening. He gave us his best player.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
To be honest I don't think most fans thought this was going to happen. I'm sure some with Orange colored pupils may have. Those same fans probably thought Pruitt would win the SEC this year.

I think it became a fun thing to dream about, poke fun of , create memes of etc.

PS : I've heard Jon has purchased additional land in Sevier County just off Deep Springs Road. :cool:

To be honest I don't think most fans thought this was going to happen. I'm sure some with Orange colored pupils may have. Those same fans probably thought Pruitt would win the SEC this year.

I think it became a fun thing to dream about, poke fun of , create memes of etc.

PS : I've heard Jon has purchased additional land in Sevier County just off Deep Springs Road. :cool:

I don't think most did either, but I do believe there was a very vocal minority (at least here) that actually thought it was going to happen, and the main reason was a few "insiders" that actually sounded pretty convincing. I still don't know if they were trolls or if they were people that were just getting bad information, maybe a combo of both.

The only part I shook my head at was how some fell for it again last year after going through it in 2012.

VN Store

Back