Where did Dave Hooker go?

I was busy Wednesday evening and missed Finebaum, but I watched the last hour or so yesterday and the arrest video was definitely the most discussed subject. With Finebaum and SEC Nation headed to Knoxville today, I don't think the story dies. Pruitt will have to do a coach's interview and you know Finebaum will have no problem rehashing this rubbing Pruitt's nose in it. If it bleeds, it leads as they say.

I'm about to have to unfollow Dave on Twitter. He keeps popping up in my feed liking something called BustyRusty (dead serious) lol.

C'mon man.

Last edited:
If you would rather have Hooker than Joe you need help.
It's not Dave, it is more the guests that he has on with him.

I have quit listening to Sport Talk due to the two idiot (nature boy and wild thing) callers they have from East Ridge. I can't stand listening to them every day.

Reactions: JonWard
It's not Dave, it is more the guests that he has on with him.

I have quit listening to Sport Talk due to the two idiot (nature boy and wild thing) callers they have from East Ridge. I can't stand listening to them every day.
That's kinda funny. Those two young men (both of whom are special) are one of the things that make me respect Joe and Quake even more. They interact with them in a way that is just really nice, imo.

But Sport Talk has never been a strictly "sports" talk show. That's where a lot of people expect it to be something it was never meant to be.

ESPN is getting rid of Michelle Beadle which is a shame because she was a looker and did a solid job.

Since Dr. B's passing, and Joe having a bigger part of the show, it's turned into more pop-culture than sports. It's sad.

Yes. Pop culture and stupidity. Have you ever heard him in an interview (that wasn't about professional wrestling)? We had an Ironman event here last weekend and they had two people from Ironman in the studio. Joe couldn't ask even the most simple question about the event. He even said 'Who in here didn't have an Ironman watch when they were a kid?' Seriously? The guy is terrible. He needs to stick to answering the phone.

Reactions: JonWard
That's kinda funny. Those two young men (both of whom are special) are one of the things that make me respect Joe and Quake even more. They interact with them in a way that is just really nice, imo.

I agree with you. I don't know those two, but Quake and Joe treat them kindly and at least on that point - they get my vote.

Just for clarification - Quake is fantastic, and IMO we are very lucky to have him on the radio in Chattanooga. He really deserves to be in a larger market.

Reactions: vollygirl
Yes. Pop culture and stupidity. Have you ever heard him in an interview (that wasn't about professional wrestling)? We had an Ironman event here last weekend and they had two people from Ironman in the studio. Joe couldn't ask even the most simple question about the event. He even said 'Who in here didn't have an Ironman watch when they were a kid?' Seriously? The guy is terrible. He needs to stick to answering the phone.
That was a joke. LMAO!!!

You know who I would love to be a permanent part of the show? Except he has a regular job. Rich Mozingo. I LOVE hearing him talk, and he's hilarious!! Perfect radio voice and personality too.

If you recall MachoMan, he needs prayers. Haven’t even seen him in awhile. Gary would give him a hard time on Facebook.

Paschal is good on 105.1
Yep, def remember Macho Man. Would typically be the very last caller of the day.

Anybody know if Bama Jean is still around?

Her and Doc had hilarious conversations!
My favorite moments of that show were Bama Jean calling in pre-Saban, when Alabama wasn't good. I was in high school/college. Bama Jean would have an excuse for the latest Alabama loss and it would never be Mike Shula or John Parker Wilson's fault (she had a crush on both). Alabama in her mind was actually an unbelievable team, but stuff outside the control of the QB or coach would happen and that's why they lost. Dr. B would give her hell about it, and it was absolutely hilarious. After one game in particular, don't remember what it was, she called in and led with about 5 "If..." statements (e.g., If we had WRs who didn't drop passes, if we had an O-line that could give JPW time, if we had a D that could get stops, if we made that FG, etc.) they would have won. And it was said completely seriously and un-ironically. One of the funniest things I've ever heard on sports radio.

Once Saban got there, she'd call in and say the same kind of stuff (e.g., Alabama is so good) but it wasn't funny anymore because she was just stating a fact.

Reactions: vollygirl
My favorite moments of that show were Bama Jean calling in pre-Saban, when Alabama wasn't good. I was in high school/college. Bama Jean would have an excuse for the latest Alabama loss and it would never be Mike Shula or John Parker Wilson's fault (she had a crush on both). Alabama in her mind was actually an unbelievable team, but stuff outside the control of the QB or coach would happen and that's why they lost. Dr. B would give her hell about it, and it was absolutely hilarious. After one game in particular, don't remember what it was, she called in and led with about 5 "If..." statements (e.g., If we had WRs who didn't drop passes, if we had an O-line that could give JPW time, if we had a D that could get stops, if we made that FG, etc.) they would have won. And it was said completely seriously and un-ironically. One of the funniest things I've ever heard on sports radio.

Once Saban got there, she'd call in and say the same kind of stuff (e.g., Alabama is so good) but it wasn't funny anymore because she was just stating a fact.
Doc could call somebody an idiot or a tater digger, and they felt loved not insulted. lol

Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back