Where are we headed as a fanbase...

PulaskiVolFan

and why are we so divided? I ask this because this bunch does not agree on much. I'll give you my thoughts and then set back and watch the NegaVols chew them apart, those not blocked of course :). I'm gonna misspell and mess up some names so we'll give them that to start with.
JG, Chandler, Calloway, Jennings, Tatum, Johnson, Wood-Anderson, Byrd on offense, Gooden, Johnson, Kirkland, Bituli, Taylor, A Taylor, Thompson, Warrior, Ignoit and Allen on the defensive side. Add Kennedy, Crouch, Gray, J.J, 2 new Fr 5 star OL, 3 BIG DL, possibly TO'TOO'TO'TO at LB, a big time Fr WR possibly another graduate transfer and surprise recruit, throw in our K and P and a few I'm sure I missed and that gives us around 35 players, some proven some not that will make up the core of our team next season. Many will argue the talent of some of those guys but I feel they are a quality group with as many as 25 or so above average to exceptional NFL prospects, no sense in arguing that fact as we would never all agree. In a perfect world we'd have 50 guys ready with 35 waiting in the wings, we're not there just yet but definitely trending in the right direction.

I love the coaching staff, and wouldn't bother me one bit if Coach Pruitt had a 10 yr contract. He says most everything right, he and our biggest asset CPF seem to get along perfectly and Pruitt just seems to be making all the right moves so far, not perfect but WAAAAY better than gym coach Jones. Recruiting is off the charts all things considered and we head into next season facing our weakest schedule on paper in the last 10 years. CJP needs wins on his resume and 19 is a good starting point. Pruitt has his faults, I thought he took on way to much last year, micro managed a bit too much, struggled a little with the press and so forth, but the man has never slowed down, he's shown a ton of fight I feel and I may miss by a mile but I think he's the real deal. I think we should add Tee to the staff at whatever cost, he's a Vol legend and it's sad for me to think he might coach at bama or vandy, plus he's a positive guy, proven coach and great at recruiting, I'd much rather have him over weinke or whoever our WR coach is currently.

Ok NegaVols and all our Vol fans arguing over JG, whether he can play or not, can we win with him, can he read defenses, is tough as nails enough? well here's my take:
AG fans, quit replying to anyone that says JG "sucks, can't win with him, we're in trouble if he starts, holds the ball to long", simply do not argue those FoxNewsLike talking points that NegaVols use constantly, nothing you say or no stat you show will matter to those _____ fill in the blank. NegaVols, quit bitching and moaning and nitpicking everything the kid does. He's struggled at times and he's shined a bit in areas as well. I'm a fan and believe that he'll continue to improve and could very well carve up some of the young defenses we face next season. Regardless, Chaney has seen one of the best ever in Brees, I'm sure that he can correctly identify who the starting QB should be. In other words, everybody just chill a bit on JG. I believe that he will be one of the top 5 or 6 QBs in the league next year, not bad considering how tough defenses in the sec are and how advanced the DCs are in this league.

2019 schedule appears easier than years past. OOC schedule should produce 4 wins with BYU being the toughest of the bunch. Every team on our schedule except for Fl, Ga and the Commies lose substantial talent in 19, many of them on both sides of the ball. Ms St, Ky, Vand, Mizz all lose a ton. USC east, Mizz, Vandy, MsSt will all be breaking in a young QB vs a pretty skilled CJP led defense. Because of those factors, I like our chances regardless of our record the previous 2 years vs those 5 teams. I think that we are just an upset win vs Fl, Ga or Bama away from an East title, may not happen in 19 but I'm not going to be negative or give up hope that it can't happen next season.

What little I know about Pruitt personally is that he'll fight you at the drop of a hat, not knowing the outcome other than simply it'll be a fight. I think we'll see him fighting for the program a bit more in year 2, similar to how Barnes has run the bball team. I think JG is fighting to improve right this minute somewhere and I'm pulling for him! I see glimpses of championship talent at spots and I see 15 wins next year until proven different!! Lol, I've got a 46 year history of hoping that we would go undefeated each year and have always enjoyed trying to figure out the path we'd take to do it!!

Bottom line, quit arguing over trivial stuff, example, the OC hiring process. Go back and read all of the incredibly insane comments that were made by the delirious faction of our fanbase and then look at the result! We won, as a team, all of us when we got Chaney, we won when we got Fulmer, we won with Pruitt, we're winning in recruiting, that's all of us winning together! Quit sweating the little stuff and let's start doing our part! Time to try something new as moaning and groaning is not working!

We're a basketball school anyway, at least till April! Go Vols and goodnight!

The above is simply opinion, I don't need you to tell me it's wrong, I can have my own opinion on that!!

and why are we so divided? I ask this because this bunch does not agree on much. I'll give you my thoughts and then set back and watch the NegaVols chew them apart, those not blocked of course :). I'm gonna misspell and mess up some names so we'll give them that to start with.
JG, Chandler, Calloway, Jennings, Tatum, Johnson, Wood-Anderson, Byrd on offense, Gooden, Johnson, Kirkland, Bituli, Taylor, A Taylor, Thompson, Warrior, Ignoit and Allen on the defensive side. Add Kennedy, Crouch, Gray, J.J, 2 new Fr 5 star OL, 3 BIG DL, possibly TO'TOO'TO'TO at LB, a big time Fr WR possibly another graduate transfer and surprise recruit, throw in our K and P and a few I'm sure I missed and that gives us around 35 players, some proven some not that will make up the core of our team next season. Many will argue the talent of some of those guys but I feel they are a quality group with as many as 25 or so above average to exceptional NFL prospects, no sense in arguing that fact as we would never all agree. In a perfect world we'd have 50 guys ready with 35 waiting in the wings, we're not there just yet but definitely trending in the right direction.

I love the coaching staff, and wouldn't bother me one bit if Coach Pruitt had a 10 yr contract. He says most everything right, he and our biggest asset CPF seem to get along perfectly and Pruitt just seems to be making all the right moves so far, not perfect but WAAAAY better than gym coach Jones. Recruiting is off the charts all things considered and we head into next season facing our weakest schedule on paper in the last 10 years. CJP needs wins on his resume and 19 is a good starting point. Pruitt has his faults, I thought he took on way to much last year, micro managed a bit too much, struggled a little with the press and so forth, but the man has never slowed down, he's shown a ton of fight I feel and I may miss by a mile but I think he's the real deal. I think we should add Tee to the staff at whatever cost, he's a Vol legend and it's sad for me to think he might coach at bama or vandy, plus he's a positive guy, proven coach and great at recruiting, I'd much rather have him over weinke or whoever our WR coach is currently.

Ok NegaVols and all our Vol fans arguing over JG, whether he can play or not, can we win with him, can he read defenses, is tough as nails enough? well here's my take:
AG fans, quit replying to anyone that says JG "sucks, can't win with him, we're in trouble if he starts, holds the ball to long", simply do not argue those FoxNewsLike talking points that NegaVols use constantly, nothing you say or no stat you show will matter to those _____ fill in the blank. NegaVols, quit bitching and moaning and nitpicking everything the kid does. He's struggled at times and he's shined a bit in areas as well. I'm a fan and believe that he'll continue to improve and could very well carve up some of the young defenses we face next season. Regardless, Chaney has seen one of the best ever in Brees, I'm sure that he can correctly identify who the starting QB should be. In other words, everybody just chill a bit on JG. I believe that he will be one of the top 5 or 6 QBs in the league next year, not bad considering how tough defenses in the sec are and how advanced the DCs are in this league.

2019 schedule appears easier than years past. OOC schedule should produce 4 wins with BYU being the toughest of the bunch. Every team on our schedule except for Fl, Ga and the Commies lose substantial talent in 19, many of them on both sides of the ball. Ms St, Ky, Vand, Mizz all lose a ton. USC east, Mizz, Vandy, MsSt will all be breaking in a young QB vs a pretty skilled CJP led defense. Because of those factors, I like our chances regardless of our record the previous 2 years vs those 5 teams. I think that we are just an upset win vs Fl, Ga or Bama away from an East title, may not happen in 19 but I'm not going to be negative or give up hope that it can't happen next season.

What little I know about Pruitt personally is that he'll fight you at the drop of a hat, not knowing the outcome other than simply it'll be a fight. I think we'll see him fighting for the program a bit more in year 2, similar to how Barnes has run the bball team. I think JG is fighting to improve right this minute somewhere and I'm pulling for him! I see glimpses of championship talent at spots and I see 15 wins next year until proven different!! Lol, I've got a 46 year history of hoping that we would go undefeated each year and have always enjoyed trying to figure out the path we'd take to do it!!

Bottom line, quit arguing over trivial stuff, example, the OC hiring process. Go back and read all of the incredibly insane comments that were made by the delirious faction of our fanbase and then look at the result! We won, as a team, all of us when we got Chaney, we won when we got Fulmer, we won with Pruitt, we're winning in recruiting, that's all of us winning together! Quit sweating the little stuff and let's start doing our part! Time to try something new as moaning and groaning is not working!

The above is simply opinion, I don't need you to tell me it's wrong, I can have my own opinion on that!!

You should of put your last paragraph at the beginning so people kjow not to read through all this nonsense. Other than that I have no opinion because their is way too much to read on this post. I have noticed you love to bring up who you think are starters will be in threads, why I do not know but we need a lot more than the guys you mentioned.

Last edited:

So if the people who are “doomsday with JG as starter” are Fox News people, are the people that cry racism if someone post a critique of JG the MSNBC/CNN people? Hard to take your post serious when you can’t even State both sides.....

The Vol fan base has been in prison for sometime now, but JP intends to parole the fan base this year without any probation
God Speed Vols
Power to the People

Lol! What a ridiculous post. I’m considered a “negaVol” on here, yet, I’m one of JG’s biggest supporters, and if I ever watch the “news”, I watch FoxNews. Get out of here with this mess.

Beyond that, you ask why the fanbase is divided, and then post a bunch of divisive crap. What an incredibly poor, insincere effort.

Lol! What a ridiculous post. I’m considered a “negaVol” on here, yet, I’m one of JG’s biggest supporters, and if I ever watch the “news”, I watch FoxNews. Get out of here with this mess.

Beyond that, you ask why the fanbase is divided, and then post a bunch of divisive crap. What an incredibly poor, insincere effort.

Congratulation. You just proved his point.

I remember when KB was NOT a nega-vol, was one of the most positive and supportive people in the forums, EXCEPT when it came to the Florida streak. :)

Battered Vol Syndrome (and 3 losses to Vandy) has dragged you down, brother. *salute*

giphy.gif

I am just here for the comments.......

The Vol Fan Base is NO different than all fanz! Dumb and Dumber. We want it now. What do we want. Easy WIN all games! We haven't played the game. We haven't Coached the Game. We might go to a Bowl Game if its in Nashville, if I can get tickets at a good price. We are gonna bitch, complain and generally make a fool of ourselves cause "it's our team". Let me tell you bout how many years I have been a fan and let me tell you...……………...well you get the idea!
cuckoos_nest.jpg

VN Store

Back