Where are we at w/ Solomon and Gibbs?

Funny that some of you are so obsessed with the Fields case for some strange reason.

So they should make another athlete commit an act of racial aggression?

Plenty of cases to complain about. Not sure why that is the one you have a problem with. He actually has a reason unlike the two TOSU qbs who transferred.
Come on dude, in no way whatsoever should Fields have been granted a waiver for a comment some liquored up baseball player made in the stands during a game that Fields never even heard. Period.

And why in the hell are we letting stupid comments overrule common sense and reason? Ever heard of “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me”?

It’s like Tony Barnhart, “Mr College Football” said on Saturday to Doug Mathews....there were no special circumstances for Fields, he just didn’t want to compete with Jake Fromm because he already knew the outcome, which is he couldn’t beat out Fromm.

Kudos, I guess, to Fields and his attorney though....they both knew they could play the race card despite everybody knowing what the real deal was because the NCAA is feckless and would 100% cave in record time because of said race card.....and they did.

Somebody said in another thread that they could see Solomon and Gibbs being denied to make it appear as though some semblance of the rule actually still exists.

If the Virginia Tech kid with an ailing mother got denied, then Solomon and Gibbs have zero chance.
If Fields, Hurts and pecker neck were able to..... ANYONE should be able to. The VT kid being 5 miles out of the 100 mile zone is complete bs. They should have passed that and made the super stars sit

If Fields, Hurts and pecker neck were able to..... ANYONE should be able to. The VT kid being 5 miles out of the 100 mile zone is complete bs. They should have passed that and made the super stars sit
No kidding. Talk about not getting any kind of benefit of the doubt. The health of a family member is a really sensitive subject as well (admittedly, not as sensitive as race like in Fields's case) but the NCAA was not swayed.

Martell's "hardship" essentially was "the coaches I committed to left, and now I don't think they want me," and he was approved. That opens up Pandora's box, IMO. He'll be the case everybody points to.

Funny that some of you are so obsessed with the Fields case for some strange reason.

So they should make another athlete commit an act of racial aggression?

Plenty of cases to complain about. Not sure why that is the one you have a problem with. He actually has a reason unlike the two TOSU qbs who transferred.

It’s bogus if his sister is there and thriving. He wanted a way out and got one. In today’s world the AA couldnt say no without opening up another can of sht Storm.

That'd be a surefire way to do it, although Tate Martell's waiver got approved and I still think we're stretching our heads at what his "hardship" was.

The rule seems to be that if you're a potential future star at a highly visible position, you get approved.
His hardship is they gave his starting job to Fields.

His hardship is they gave his starting job to Fields.
Happens all the time (transfers coming in and taking jobs), but the NCAA doesn't approve hardship waivers for everyone that happens to. Jalen Hurts took some guy at Oklahoma's job, no?

Happens all the time (transfers coming in and taking jobs), but the NCAA doesn't approve hardship waivers for everyone that happens to. Jalen Hurts took some guy at Oklahoma's job, no?
Yeah...but he was the first pick of the draft.

Yeah...but he was the first pick of the draft.
No, I mean if Hurts didn't transfer to Oklahoma, someone who backed up Murray who was on Oklahoma's roster last year would be the starter. From that kid's perspective, Hurts swooped in and took "his" job. Same with Kelly Bryant - someone on the team who backed up Lock was lined up for that position until Bryant transferred in. Because of what the NCAA allowed Martell to do, can the Oklahoma or Mizzou kid who would have gotten the job before someone from another school transferred in say "they don't want me anymore - let me go without penalty?"

I know Hurts was a grad transfer, so it isn't the exact same thing, but it happens all the time.

Last edited:
The NCAA has so much egg and mud on its face they longer care what anyone thinks about them. It has become the "deep state" of college football and most everyone knows it but has no choice but to play along with the "emperors new clothes". I guess the only people defending it are the ones benefitting from it. I hope Solomon and Gibbs are "free at last" but don't hold your proverbial breath.

Reactions: tennvols77
Somebody said in another thread that they could see Solomon and Gibbs being denied to make it appear as though some semblance of the rule actually still exists.

If the Virginia Tech kid with an ailing mother got denied, then Solomon and Gibbs have zero chance.
But yet Justin fields was approved?

No, I mean if Hurts didn't transfer to Oklahoma, someone who backed up Murray who was on Oklahoma's roster last year would be the starter. From that kid's perspective, Hurts swooped in and took "his" job. Same with Kelly Bryant - someone on the team who backed up Lock was lined up for that position until Bryant transferred in.

I know Hurts was a grad transfer, so it isn't the exact same thing, but it happens all the time.
Spencer Rattler, the incoming 5 star was the projected starter. Still may...he’s built for that offense.

This is how it will break down all the high profile players such as OSU and UGA players etc etc will be granted transfers to play instantly. The rest well you know the story.

If I were their father, I'd retain an attorney and have them send a letter to the NCAA just to rattle a cage or two. If they sit around and wait, it will be after the UF game before they are denied.

Not trying to argue your point or any point about transferring, but we seem to have forgotten the first point of the whole thing. That is school, now we know very few of these "top" guys are there for school. But it still puts the cart in front of the horse. It comes down to this, are they there to play football or go to school or have football pay for school or just there to play football. What we are coming to is a system of platen free agency, which only makes the college sports system a total business having nothing to do with school.

Not trying to argue your point or any point about transferring, but we seem to have forgotten the first point of the whole thing. That is school, now we know very few of these "top" guys are there for school. But it still puts the cart in front of the horse. It comes down to this, are they there to play football or go to school or have football pay for school or just there to play football. What we are coming to is a system of platen free agency, which only makes the college sports system a total business having nothing to do with school.
No reason to ignore it anymore really.

Is it just about football for the majority of college players? A career business decision (football)? No, not at all.

But the idea of "student athlete" encompassing everyone isnt the case and hasn't been for awhile.

Reactions: savannahfan
Which is all the more puzzling why players with seemingly legitimate reasons are being denied. I’m not saying our guys do, but once Martelli was allowed to transfer without penalty, the genie was kind of out of the bottle. Now the NCAA seems to be trying to stuff it back in after OSU (and Miami) got their man.
Genie bottles in Tennessee are corn jars. U can get em back in easy.

The NCAA has so much egg and mud on its face they longer care what anyone thinks about them. It has become the "deep state" of college football and most everyone knows it but has no choice but to play along with the "emperors new clothes". I guess the only people defending it are the ones benefitting from it. I hope Solomon and Gibbs are "free at last" but don't hold your proverbial breath.
Deep state???????? What an ignorant statement.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Deep state???????? What an ignorant statement.

Not ignorant. NCAA is clearly in “loss control” mode and is making decisions that don’t make sense. Fields and Martell got to transfer cause both didn’t want to compete for a position but the young man at Coastal Carolina was denied even when his mom has brain cancer? WTF is that? Now he gets a lawyer and will most likely get approved? Even worse! Just cause you may disagree with someone doesn’t make their comment ignorant. NCAA has serious credibility issues these days.

I think it's bs. Martell is just another me, me, me player getting what he wants. I'll lmao if he ends up a bust.

Don't waste time discussing it . Soloman and Gibbs have NO chance getting a waiver .. might as well prepare for it .. I don't even think TN has petitioned .. seems like I remember during Spring that CJP saying the process is we have to send paper work in .. not they had sent paper work in .. so if they think no chance .. then why get the kids hopes up ..

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Not ignorant. NCAA is clearly in “loss control” mode and is making decisions that don’t make sense. Fields and Martell got to transfer cause both didn’t want to compete for a position but the young man at Coastal Carolina was denied even when his mom has brain cancer? WTF is that? Now he gets a lawyer and will most likely get approved?
Nope. That isn't true. The NCAA has plenty of reason for criticism but in this case you don't know what you're talking about.

VN Store

Back