Where are we at w/ Solomon and Gibbs?

LMAO. I never get tired of the passive aggressive UGA fan approach. No one ever leaves UGA because they would prefer to be elsewhere. Chaney left because UGA didn't want him. Gibbs left because UGA didn't want him.

It just never ends. UGA fans are the biggest reason I absolutely detest that program. Athens is a nice town, and the campus is excellent.

It's just the endless backhanded compliment, passive aggressive arrogance of that fan base.
I agree. They need to lose about 10 in a row to us, again. lol

Reactions: volsagain
I agree. They need to lose about 10 in a row to us, again. lol
Unfortunately they are about to re-take the all time series lead unless we can pull a miracle upset this fall. I thought we had buried them for good in the 90's but they keep coming back like a bad case of hemorrhoids.

Not sure about that, but that’s hardly the only such case. At approximately the same time a week or two ago, they also denied a kid a waiver who also had an ailing/dying family member because where he wanted to transfer was like 5 miles beyond the allowable limit.

The point is, there are rules, no standards that anyone can point to and say “yes, he meets the understood qualifications or no, he doesn’t”.

Solomon and Gibbs may or may not get their waivers and there’s absolutely no way to predict whether they will or won’t. Meanwhile, we’ve had 2 high profile QBs get their waivers no due to any legit hardship, but because they literally couldn’t beat out the QB ahead of them and they wanted playing time somewhere else.

You have zero idea what their waiver requests were tbh. Assumptions galore in this outrage society.

You have zero idea what their waiver requests were tbh. Assumptions galore in this outrage society.
The fact that both of these QBs went the opposite direction of home makes it hard to sell a "hardship". Everyone has a good idea why Fields got a waiver but Tate Martell makes it look obvious he was leaving for playing time especially with comments he made about coaches telling him he wouldn't play.

NCAA knew both of these kids can bring in big money and they didnt want them on the bench imo.

Reactions: secking
Sorry to get you excited with the bump. Surprised with the silence on a decision here particularly with Solomon.

The fact that we haven’t heard on either guy makes it seem like these were submitted later in the game or maybe even haven’t been submitted yet as some have suggested.

(If they had both already been submitted it seems like we would’ve heard on at least one of them)

Camp begins in a little more than one month. I say we hear on these guys about a week before camp.

I'm not sure I ever really thought they would be granted a waiver, these things don't usually fall our way. I hope the paperwork has already been turned in. Maybe, that's their only saving grace.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
LMAO. I never get tired of the passive aggressive UGA fan approach. No one ever leaves UGA because they would prefer to be elsewhere. Chaney left because UGA didn't want him. Gibbs left because UGA didn't want him.

It just never ends. UGA fans are the biggest reason I absolutely detest that program. Athens is a nice town, and the campus is excellent.

It's just the endless backhanded compliment, passive aggressive arrogance of that fan base.
Ga as a state would be much better off without UGA fans. Great hunting and fishing, close to mountains and beaches etc, just too many mouth breathing UGA fans.

Reactions: VolInNW

Athens is a nice town unless you live there. Crime is high for a small town. Break ins and drugs are rampant.

Reactions: VolInNW
Ga as a state would be much better off without UGA fans. Great hunting and fishing, close to mountains and beaches etc, just too many mouth breathing UGA fans.
I live and grew up in Atlanta. UGA fans are harmless, unless they are winning. This winning thing is new for them. So is the Bama level douchebaggery they’ve adopted.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I live and grew up in Atlanta. UGA fans are harmless, unless they are winning. This winning thing is new for them. So is the Bama level douchebaggery they’ve adopted.

Yep. A couple good seasons with Kirby, and now they think they are Alabama, Ohio State, and USC rolled into one.

Reactions: Remy and CA_Vol
Sorry to get you excited with the bump. Surprised with the silence on a decision here particularly with Solomon.

The fact that we haven’t heard on either guy makes it seem like these were submitted later in the game or maybe even haven’t been submitted yet as some have suggested.

(If they had both already been submitted it seems like we would’ve heard on at least one of them)

Camp begins in a little more than one month. I say we hear on these guys about a week before camp.

Once again this is common practice with the NCAA Clearinghouse. They have always worked at their own pace and they have NEVER let anyone know ahead of time the results of their decisions. They do this at every level. Coach Pruitt and staff know this and I am sure they turned their paperwork in early because they know stuff like this happens daily with the NCAA. If you are a high school athlete that registers late with the Clearinghouse they sometimes don't make a decision on you until AFTER school and games start up, this happens to hundreds of incoming Fr every year across the country. In our recruiting service we see this all the time with players waiting to know what their eligibility status is. There is nothing shady going on, just a poorly run organization in the NCAA.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It’s so annoying. They are definitely set-up for a long, dominant run in the East, but how soon they forget the historic underperformance of their program over the last 40 years.

Reactions: dduncan4163
It’s so annoying. They are definitely set-up for a long, dominant run in the East, but how soon they forget the historic underperformance of their program over the last 40 years.

They definitely barking on the Trail, but doubt they ever tree!!

Reactions: CA_Vol
It's the smug false arrogance of fans who think uga is on the same level historically as Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, OU, and Michigan, when realistically they are on the next tier with us, Penn State, Miami, Auburn, Texas, etc.

Every year is their year, they never lose a game (it's stolen or they give it away) and their coach is almost a demi-god in their eyes.....I still remember several postings on TOS when Richt was first hired from uga fans who got goosebumps just being in his presence. And they speak of Smart as if he is a cloned Saban (although, naturally, even maybe a little better.) Absolutely hilarious.

The fact that both of these QBs went the opposite direction of home makes it hard to sell a "hardship". Everyone has a good idea why Fields got a waiver but Tate Martell makes it look obvious he was leaving for playing time especially with comments he made about coaches telling him he wouldn't play.

NCAA knew both of these kids can bring in big money and they didnt want them on the bench imo.
Ding ding ding

NCAA has too much control and get paid to regulate the game. They are worse than the big pharmacy or what ever corrupt entity you can think of. IMO if a kid wants to transfer then let him or her don't care what the reason is for.

Reactions: walkenvol
Last I heard was it was sitting on the desk of the guy that makes the final decision and he laughed when he seen Tennessee orange. He laughed so hard the air from his lungs blew the paper off the desk and into the trash can full of transfers for medical reasons and family issues never to be seen again.

FWIW Aubrey Solomon posted a cryptic tweet today of “God is good” with a fingers crossed emoji. Good news on the waiver front? Who knows. I think Solomon and Gibbs getting granted eligible this season Could be the difference between 6-6 not.

Reactions: Behr and StarRaider
FWIW Aubrey Solomon posted a cryptic tweet today of “God is good” with a fingers crossed emoji. Good news on the waiver front? Who knows. I think Solomon and Gibbs getting granted eligible this season Could be the difference between 6-6 not.
Solomon way more than Gibbs.

Reactions: LandonVFL
Solomon way more than Gibbs.

I agree that Solomon is more valuable to us this season, but I still think Gibbs brings something to the WR group that don’t gave right now. Elite level athlete from what I’ve read and seen in practice videos

VN Store

Back